Chapter 8 *Happy

Romeo woke up and sat on the bed looking at the roof.

"I told you to leave me alone, i don't need you".

"I won't leave you, not anytime soon, Hannah said touching his hair.

"I have heard those words before and it was a lie", he whispered.

"I'm not her Romeo, i am me and i will keep my word until our contract is over, i won't leave you".

Romeo calmed down a little bit when he heard her assurance. Hannah brought out the drug and took one out of it.

"I don't want to take that i will be fine".

"Romeo please don't be stubborn i want you to think about what will happen when your step mom and your brother finds out about your condition they will use it against you and everything you have worked hard for will be gone, you don't want that right? ".

Romeo thought about what she said and knew there was truth in it, without saying much, he opened his mouth and she put the drug in his mouth. If he can continue using it, in few days he will be fine.

She convinced him to cancel all his appointment to be able to rest properly but for a man who valued time it was difficult for him to succumb to her.

She went to the kitchen and tried thinking what will make him happy.

Yes! Video games, she likes video games and maybe she can play it with him. she prepare some snacks, orange juice and cookies. She went into Romeo's room and grabbed his hand. Romeo looked at her suspiciously, what is the little puppy up to this time!.

"Romeo, let's play video games please"

"Seriously Hannah, we are not children remember"he said

"Just admit you are afraid of loosing to me", Hannah said knowingly.

Me??? Afraid of you??, You must be joking.

********
After one hour of loosing to her, he became frustrated. Even when they finish the snacks, they were still hungry.

Hannah looked around and thought about what to cook. She went to the refrigerator and brought out some tomatoes, onions and cucumber.

"Here you will slice all this and I will slice the tomatoes."she said to Romeo.

She smiled when she saw Romeo still looking at the vegetables.

"Romeo c'mon do you want me to teach you?"

"Yes please", he replied.

"You will do it like this" Hannah instructed but instead of him to listen he was busy looking at her.

"Do you understand" she said moving away from him.

After the food was done and they table was laid, he sat down and just stare at the food, he is not in the mood to eat anything. Hannah noticed how gloomy his face is, she stood up and move closer to him.

"Romeo you need to eat, if you don't eat you won't be able to use your drug, she said with a pleading look and Romeo had no choice than to eat the food.

After the meal they went outside for fresh air.

"Hannah, have you ever been in love?or let me say have ever been hurt by the person you love so much.
She smiled at his question and understood the reason why he asked her.

"Well not really, I have never been in love before and I have never been hurt by anyone I love".

"So that means you can't understand what I'm going through, but you still choose to take care of me, why?".