Prologue of the 4th regression (1)

-ock knock knock.

The Oldest Dream blinked his eyes, woken up by a sound from the subway train door.

However, it wasn't possible for anyone else other than him to be here.

Thinking that he imagined it, the Oldest Dream closed his eyes, ready to drift back to sleep once again.

Knock knock knock.

As a knock resounded throughout the room once again, the Oldest Dream frowned and confirmed that he hadn't imagined it. He mumbled sleepily:

"...Am I hallucinating now...?"

The Fourth Wall answered him.

[Som eon e is th ere.]

What?

Click.

Because he could think about this further, the door opened.

The Oldest Dream's eyes widened as he crossed the gaze of a human for the first time since thousands of years.

It was a young woman with brown hair, brown eyes and ordinary facial features.

"Who are you?"

The woman blinked upon seeing the cute black-haired and black-eyed child wearing  clothes too large for him. When she heard him, she seemed to regain her senses and murmured something incomprehensible.

"(Hmm, wait, huh...)"

She snapped her fingers and asked:

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

The Oldest Dream repeated:

"Who are you?"

She smiled gently.

"My name is... Xin Jian."

The Oldest Dream stared at the woman's face. Even though she was smiling, the girl's eyes were lifeless and a tinge of sadness appeared in her voice as she said her name.

Her name was the only thing Mr. Fool had left her before she came to this world a few years ago.

The Oldest Dream lowered his eyes and his long eyelashes fluttered as he also smiled sadly.

"I see. My name is Kim Dokja. Do you want to read stories together?"

He didn't ask her why she came to this unreachable place, and Xin Jian also naturally sat down next to him and nodded.

"Okay."

—1st MC: Xin Jian

***

A crimson-haired man was leaning on the wall of the subway. His reddish brown eyes lazily scanned the people around him as he thought about what to do once he arrived home.

Would his childhood friend be waiting at the orphanage?

She should have picked up a book and sat down in a corner as usual, all alone.

Since she had become his friend, his thoughts were only filled with her, it was the only way for him to avoid thinking of the past.

"Heuh-euh...!"

"Uwaaaaah!"

The crimson-haired man frowned as people began to panic around him.

The lights in the subway went away the next second. The train came to a sudden emergency stop, and the surroundings rapidly filled up with darkness.

Cale had an ominous foreboding.

And as the clock's needle pointed to 7 p.m...

Tick.