New beginning (1)

In the subway train, the Oldest Dream heard someone knock on the door.

He sighed, a mix of exasperation and amusement on his face as he wondered why she was even knocking.

Without waiting for an answer, Xin Jian opened the door.

"I'm back~!"

The Oldest Dream raised an eyebrow, quoting her.

"And death is a social construct?"

"Indeed."

The Oldest Dream shook his head before setting his gaze on a particular world line.

Xin Jian casually sat down next to him.

Instead of creating a new timeline, they had rewound time.

To do so, while she was wandering around as an 'incarnation', she had searched for traces of the hunters who had appeared in that world line. She figured that since the Thames were previously a family of hunters and had studied various things like time, the hunters should at least have a clue as to where the Thames' family had kept their research results.

After searching through some worlds, she quickly found the reincarnation of Kim Rok Soo's mother (or the 'previous' Cale Henituse's mother), then went to a parallel world where his mother had her memory intact, finally gathered enough information about time travel and modified Yoo Jonghyuk's regression skill with the data obtained.

As for why she knew about the Thames and Cale's past, it was due to the same thing that allowed her to travel through world lines.

Looking through the windows showing the sight of various world lines, Xin Jian commented:

"Still, I can't help but feel that this place's connection to all the worlds is really convenient."

The Oldest Dream snapped her out of her thoughts.

"What is that in your hands?"

"...Ah."

Xin Jian recalled what she was holding.

Or more precisely, 'who' she was holding.

She grinned and handed a cute familiar creature to the Oldest Dream.

"I kidnapped your daughter before rewinding time. Now you can raise her here."

The Oldest Dream took a while to regain his senses.

"Bahaat!"

He sighed and patted Biyoo.

"...The rewind has ended, the 5th regression is about to begin."

***

Cale opened his eyes in the subway.

Leaning against a wall, he observed the bustling crowd as he thought about what to do now.

The office workers had tired faces as they were on their way home.

"Heuh, heuh-euh...."

The terrorist was still making strange sounds as if he was excited and the regressor was wearing a cold expression as always.

Cale took the sight into his eyes, recording the scene he hoped he wouldn't have to get through again by concluding the scenario as fast as possible.

Everything was the same as before.

This was a reality he would have to get used to.

Eventually, if he helped this man to reach the end of the scenarios, he should be able to attain his slacker life faster than if he let Yoo Jonghyuk continue to regress eternally, right?