Believer in Mysteries (3)

The space had become empty, it was like he was currently standing in the void.

Cale looked around him and noticed someone standing in front of him.

At one point, Xin Jian had stopped leaning against the wall and had stepped toward him.

He stared at her.

His childhood friend gave off a completely different vibe than at the orphanage.

The current Xian Jian now seemed like a stranger to him.

She spoke up.

"Hello, Cale. Did you miss me?"

However, she already knew the answer.

Cale remembered the period of time since the scenarios began and asked another question instead of answering her.

"Where were you at the beginning of the scenarios?"

Xin Jian thought about it then replied mysteriously.

"You will know soon enough."

Not satisfied, the crimson-haired teenager could only give up this question. What was important was that she was here now.

He added:

"...Why am I unable to remember your name?"

Xin Jian tilted her head and put her finger on her cheek, acting innocent.

"What are you saying? Loss of memories is a common thing. However, it makes me a bit hurt that you forgot my name after all the time we spent together."

Cale knew that she was faking to not understand what he meant.

He had 'record'. It was impossible for him to forget such an important thing in all of his memories.

Her name appeared like a blur, as if it had been erased and he was unable to recall it.

"What is your name then?"

Xin Jian simply continued to smile.

Cale felt that the space had begun to change a little. He couldn't tell what, but it was different from before.

Xin Jian looked to the side and her gaze suddenly turned serious.

"Listen, we don't have much time."

She hadn't come here for a tearful reunion.

"Although I'd sure like to talk about what happened since the beginning of this apocalypse, I'm not here for this. I only took advantage of the end of this round to come talk to you about things that would normally be censured."

Cale looked at her.

The person in front of him now felt so distant and unfamiliar...

"You know that that guy is a regressor, right?"

The crimson-haired teenager nodded.

"Nice. So, telling you the exact situation wouldn't benefit you now, so I'll only say that for some reason, this guy has to continue regressing while other people solve a certain problem. It may or may not take a long time."

Cale tried to gather information.

"Other people?"

Xin Jian knew what he was trying to do and shook her head.

"All the people who can repeat the scenarios, like Yoo Jonghyuk. You know most of them."

For example, Han Sooyoung.

"So, as I was saying... talking vaguely is annoying..."

"Don't talk vaguely then."

Xin Jian ignored him.