Countless questions without answers (1)

+

<Main scenario #9 – Demon's Proof>

Category: Main

Difficulty: A++

Clear conditions: Hunt the demon species, collect nine Demon's Proof and place them on the altar on the 2nd floor.

Time limit: 23 days

Rewards: 50,000 coins

Failure: ―

+

It had been five days since they entered the first floor of Dark Castle. Lee Jihye ran down a corridor of Dark Castle with Jung Heewon.

[The 5th grade demon species, Dark Tracker is chasing you.]

Yoo Jonghyuk had mysteriously gone missing when this scenario began and Cale accompanied by Shin Yoosoung and Yoo Mia had decided to fight separately.

"Jump!"

Lee Jihye avoided the scythe that appeared from the dark tracker and used Demon Slaying. Magic power scattered through the air as she ran with all her strength.

On the side, she saw Jung Heewon using Time of Judgement on the monsters behind them and looked at her enviously.

There were roughly 10 demon species following them. The 5th grade demon species were stronger than other monster species. Lee Jihye's skills weren't enough and she couldn't use her stigma in this environment.

'I shouldn't have come in.'

She wondered if Cale and the two children were fine. She shouldn't have separated from the teenager. If something happened to them, she wouldn't be able to explain to her master.

Lee Jihye didn't know that 'Kim Rok Soo' who was ranked third was actually Cale.

"Damn!" Lee Jihye kept cursing as she ran.

The dokkaebi had told them when the scenario first started,

[This scenario... Um. Haha, maybe you'll fail.]

Lee Jihye's reaction had been disbelief. They were going to fail? The scenarios always seemed impossible but they always won. Thus, they could do well this time.

At least, that's what Lee Jihye had thought.

'Go right now. Smash all these scum!'

She didn't know why she had been so hasty. They prematurely rushed to the scenario area to get rid of their insecurities.

After all, they were the strongest rankers in Seoul and the strongest incarnations. However, Lee Jihye soon realized that it was a mistake.

'Shit, this is ridiculous... ridiculous'

Lee Jihye's power didn't work in Dark Castle. The trajectory of Kendo, which reached level 7, rarely hit and the power of Demon Slaying only provoked the demons. Her sword had broken a long time ago.

She picked up a weapon dropped by an incarnation and used Sword Training and Ghost Walk.

"Behind you!"

Dark liquid from the dark trackers scattered through the air. Jung Heewon came forward and slashed her sword at the liquid before it could hit Lee Jihye.

The blade hit by the liquid experienced a bizarre deformation and exploded.

Jung Heewon's sword couldn't be used anymore. However, thanks to the time she bought, Lee Jihye was able to deal a bit more damage to the dark trackers.

"Aaaaaaack!"

The armour around the neck of a dark tracker broke and it fled. However, there were still nine remaining. Besides, the dark trackers were just a joke. The really scary thing was the guy on the other side of the dark trackers.