Stories (1)

In cabin 3807, Xin Jian looked around the train cabin. She reappeared there each time they rewound time.

After Cale left the orphanage, she had left after him and took the same subway as him.

Separated by only one cabin, Xin Jian had been even closer to Cale than he had expected.

In the lord of mysteries' blind spot, she observed Klein then smiled.

She reached out her hand and the tip of her fingers lightly brushed against Klein's clothes.

Feeling something, Zhou Mingrui turned to the side but saw nobody there.

In the subway train full of strangers, he soon began the scenarios.

***

In the middle of a conversation with someone called 'Miss Justice', Cale opened his eyes and found himself back to the subway train.

Cale: ?

Understanding dawned on him as he covered his face and sighed.

Why did Yoo Jonghyuk die this time? They weren't even in the middle of a scenario!

With a headache, Cale mentally cursed and mourned because his rest while the members of the Tarot Club did everything had been forcibly ended.

As Cale sighed for the nth time, a message appeared in front of him.

[The constellation 'The World Needs Justice' greets you.]

Cale: ?

[Your constellation is looking at you.]

What was his constellation doing?

Was changing her modifier possible?

Xin Jian made a mischievous smile, pleased. When entering her modifier into the Star Stream this time, she had asked the Oldest Dream to use 'The World Needs Justice' instead of 'Believer in Mysteries'.

Meanwhile, the Oldest Dream continued to judge her.

Cale shook his head and ignored it.

The scenario was starting, now he should probably move away from his spot-

"..."

Cale met Yoo Jonghyuk's gaze. The regressor seemed to have already subdued the terrorist.

Then, something unexpected happened. Yoo Jonghyuk was heading to him.

Had the regressor hit his head? Hadn't he already decided to let Cale die from now on? Or was he going to kill him himself? Cale couldn't guess what was going through that man's head. However, he was sure that Yoo Jonghyuk shouldn't know that he was alive in the next round.

"Kid, I'll help you go through this scenario, you just need to follow what I say."

Cale looked at the regressor.

Why was he insisting?

He finally decided to voice out his doubts.

"Why?"

Yoo Jonghyuk faced the calm teenager. Was Cale not scared because he had been less brutal with the terrorist this time?

The regressor didn't really know the answer to Cale's question. Did he have a change of heart because of his last thoughts before dying?

Maybe he could also save the teenager in front of him instead of letting him die.

"I want to save as many people as possible." He replied.

Cale gazed back at him.

"And what if I don't want to be saved?"

Yoo Jonghyuk's eyes widened slightly.