Han Sooyoung's despair (1)

The hunter walked into another shelter.

They had been made by some survivors to protect humanity at the end of the world from the monsters outside.

He looked at the crowd inside and studied their faces. There was quite a big number of people and their average strength seemed strong.

An ominous energy was emanated by the hunter.

This settlement would be a good offering of karma.

Recognizing the hunter, the teenager leaning against the wall and sitting among the others with a hood covering his face smiled.

'As expected.'

Everything was going according to plan.

All of a sudden, the people around him fell down, motionless, like puppets whose strings were cut off.

It was a skill he had earned when he went to the Theater Dungeon this time. That way, there would be no one swept up in their fight.

Then, under the hunter's surprised gaze, Cale stood up and removed his hood, revealing his crimson hair.

"Ha!"

The hunter recognized him.

"You were still alive?"

He seemed amused.

"Cale Henituse."

Cale faced the hunter's gaze with a strangely calm face, his eyes devoid of any fear or hatred as he saw the hunter take out his weapon. Seeing this, the hunter grinned.

"I guess I'll only need to kill you again then."

It was the hunter that had killed him that day when his entire family was massacred. The strongest out of all the enemies then, and also the head of a hunter family.

The sky became filled with bolts of lightning as the Indestructible Shield appeared to block the opponent's attack.

Now that Cale had gotten stronger, he would try to kill him again; and if that didn't work, he would retry in another regression.

For once, the fact that he could regress was useful. He was going to try as many times as needed until he successfully eliminated that hunter.

After all, the hunters weren't part of this world to begin with, that was why their actions were always different. They could freely come and leave as they pleased.

Cale noticed the hunter's subordinates at the door and the corners of his lips gradually curved up.

This was perfect.

Instead of being worried, he became calmer.

Since the other hunters showed no sign of stepping up to help their boss, Cale focused of the one in front of him.

He sent down bolts of lightning as well as a spear of water from behind and spears made of ice from below, aiming at him from all angles. However, the boss of a hunter family showed no sign of struggle as he easily blocked these attacks with a red energy.

Cale wasn't panicked and continued to repeatedly attack the hunter from different angles.

He formed sharp blades with the wind and trapped the hunter in a prison made of earth to immobilize his movements.

In response, the wind blades were bounced off without leaving any scratches while the hunter got rid of the earth's prison easily.

Then, the hunter counter-attacked and sent a big amount of karma toward Cale, which the crimson-haired teenager calmly blocked with his shield.