A world without you there (1)

"Help... help me."

Cale stopped, looked to the side and saw a young woman lying down in the corner. The poisoning was progressing on the surface of her skin, but the toxic condition wasn't severe due to the mask she was wearing—however, the mask looked like it was out of oxygen. Her jacket was half removed and a bit of her skirt was torn.

Now that he thought about it, he had a useless item in his pocket. Wasn't now the time to use it?

He put Ellain Monkey's Lungs into her mouth, neutralizing the poison in her body. However, it couldn't remove the poison she had already inhaled. Moreover, Cale could now simply use Sound of the Wind the make the poison stay away from them.

He looked up and stared at the sky.

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' facepalms and blames herself for her lack of insight.]

Xin Jian knew that Cale could use Sound of the Wind to protect himself and had offered him Ellain Monkey's Lungs in case he wanted to save someone else, but she had forgotten the issue of getting rid of the poison.

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' sponsors you Ellain Forest Essence.]

Cale received the unknown item and fed it to the woman who had fallen unconscious.

He frowned.

Did he have to carry her now?

As always, the crimson-haired man used Ancient Powers to solve his problems and lifted the woman with Sound of the Wind.

In his sight, he noticed an underground entrance and headed toward it.

However, it was closed.

The next one as well, and the next one as well.

Finally, he went to Exit 5 and opened it by force.

...By his Ancient Powers' force, of course.

While 'carrying' Jung Heewon in his arms (or nearly one millimeter above), Cale entered a tunnel.

[You have entered the safety zone.]

On the side, he saw people running away from the entrance and knocked them all out by 'lightly' hitting the back of their heads with rocks with the help of his Ancient Powers.

Then, he lowered his head, contemplating how he should deal with the woman.

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' says that nobody should have heard your arrival.]

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' tells you to put down the woman here because it'll be safer.]

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' sponsors you another object.]

[Some constellations marvel at the wealth of 'Believer in Mysteries'.]

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' says that the woman will be fine by the time she wakes up.]

Cale picked up the item.

It was a cloak with an added effect of stealth.

It was a bit of a waste to give to a stranger, but well...

He put it on her with the pipes carried by the men earlier, in case the men woke up and she needed to defend herself.

The Oldest Dream, who saw at least one member of his old team survive, approved this friend of Xin Jian.

[The constellation 'Believer in Mysteries' adds that the woman's name is 'Jung Heewon'.]

She had learnt some things by observing the other timelines with the Oldest Dream.