| Box | 14 |

I walked back into the house a plopped on the couch face down. "You okay Stace?" Two-Bit asked me. I gave him a muffled 'sure' and a thumbs up. The room was awkwardly silent for a little while "Hey Stacy! Me, Steve, Ponyboy, and Johnny are going school shopping later do you want to come?"

I sat up "Yeah, where?"

"The shopping center down on Canton Avenue." Pony answers

"You act like I know where that is."

"It's two streets over from Rosie's diner" Soda added

"Ooohhhh Okay. Can I bring my brothers?" Two-Bit nodded "I'll probably get some clothes too, I mean if I'm gonna call myself a greaser might as well dress like one. Plus I haven't bought clothes for myself since I was like 14."

Two-Bit frowned "No more California surfer girl?"

"Nope! Now it's going to be 'Tulsa greaser girl" I say smoothly

I'm pretty excited to buy myself clothes for the first time in three years, I don't even really know what my style is anymore. I've just been wearing what I thought was trendy and not what I wanted to. "So when are we going?"

Two-Bit got a beer from the fridge "Whenever Steve gets back." Alright then we got awhile. I laid back down on the couch beside Johnny. Pony was flipping through channels but he couldn't find anything he liked so he just put on the news. The news? That's the best thing on to him?

After a few minutes I was very bored. My mind had began to wander, it landed on Johnny, like usual. I still don't know how to feel about him, I've never been good with identifying, talking, or showing my feelings.

I looked over at him, he was fidgeting with his pocket knife. I mean he is pretty cute, but do I like him that way?

The answer forms in my head a second later

yes. I do.

     Wait what? I like him? Really? Or is my brain just playing tricks on me? I look at his face, no no I definitely like him. I Like him. I Like him? I Like him! I like him!! Just looking at him makes my face get hot and heart start pounding. I turn away and cover my face with my hands.

I like my best friend. What the hell am I going to do? Even though I like him I refuse to date him, I can not lose him. I'll just bury this crush deep down till it goes away, I've done it before I can do it again. But I don't want to. I want to date him, I want to go on dates with him, I want to kiss him, I want to be his.

I need some fresh air "I'm gonna head back to my place and get my wallet and brothers real quick." I stood up and left, my face cooled back down on the way back. I tried to think of anything that wasn't Johnny.

    I walked in the house and music was blaring from upstairs, well Theos home. I went up to his room and opened the door, he was dancing around like a madman. I leaned on his door frame smiling and just watched him, after a few seconds of jumping around he noticed me and turned redder than a tomato.

He stared down at his feet "How... much of that did you see?"

I turned the stereo down "Only a couple seconds. What's got you in such a good mood?"

"Oh nothing I just felt like it." His eyes darted around.

"Is it a girl?" I yelled full of excitement

"No.." he still wouldn't look at me

"It is! Who is she? Is that where you went yesterday? Is she nice? Is she a greaser or soc? What grade is she in?" I shot the questions at him so quickly I wasn't even sure if he could understand any of it.

"There is no girl! I just.. hung out with some friends.."

"Fine don't tell me, but I know that there definitely is someone, I can see it in your eyes." I winked at him and he flipped me off and rolled his eyes, I returned the favor. "Oh and get dressed we're going school shopping with my friends."

He nodded and then looked at me confused "how are we going to pay for all that?" Oh shit. I have about 45 dollars in my wallet but I don't think that'll be enough.

Mom might have some cash somewhere in her room.. "Uhhhh... I'll be right back" I went to my moms room and started sifting around her stuff, I found some change and a couple dollars but I needed more.

I was looking through her drawers in her dresser when I noticed a box underneath it jammed up against the wall. I picked it up and it was heavier than I anticipated. I set it on her bed and opened it.

In the box were stacks upon stacks of 100's, 50's, 20's, and 10 dollar bills that filled it up to the brim. What the hell?? I picked a stack up and looked at it, it's definitely real. Why? How? WHAT? My mind races with thousands of questions and I don't know what to do. I just stand there holding the money.

Nope. Not doing this right now. I take a couple of fifty dollar bills out of one of the stacks, closed the box, and put it back under the dresser. I'll deal with that later, I wanna go shopping. I leave the room and push the mystery money box out of my head and walk past Theo's Room and down the stairs to August's room.

        I pushed the door open and saw August tangled in a mess of his sheets and blankets and his comforter had been kicked onto the floor beside the bed. I walked over and started trying to wake him up but he is a very deep sleeper.

     After five minutes of shouting and shaking august he still wasn't awake yet. Theo had been watching  the whole thing while drinking some water, I grabbed the glass out of his hand and poured it right on Aussies face. He shout straight up failing around confused, well that got him up.

"What the hell Stacy?" He screamed

"I've been trying to get you up for 10 minutes." He wiped the water off his face with his sheet.

He grabbed a shirt off the floor and put it on "Why'd you wake me up anyway?"

"We're going shopping!"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Thanks for reading!!

Word count : 1113