| Lord. | 47 |

I woke up the next morning and still had a headache. It wasn't a migraine so I'm not complaining. Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. My brother said he wished I was dead and may have broken my nose, the gang had to deal with my broken brain, and I shoved someone off me. I wished I was back on the beach. You don't have to deal with all this on the beach, you just get to relax and enjoy the waves. I missed it. Stress doesn't exist there, if it does you're doing it wrong. After yesterday I needed a beach. I was resisting every urge in my body to drink. I know I've got an unopened bottle of tequila in the kitchen and if no one stops me I might just down the whole thing in an hour.

I stumbled out of bed past Theo and to the bathroom. My nose is definitely broken or at least cracked, I've got two giant black eyes under both my eyes. They're deep purple, red, and yellow and look terrible, they also feel terrible. I downed about seven painkillers before I went downstairs, I know that seems like overkill but man, it hurt.

I tried to sit on the couch and watch some TV to take my mind off of everything but passed out. I woke up a few hours later with Theo making me get up and go to urgent care for my nose. No part of me wanted to but he forced me. We waited for hours only for them to tell us it was broken but there wasn't anything they could do. So it was a total waste of money and time. I know it gave Theo peace of mind or whatever so I wasn't too upset. We got back home and I sat back on the couch with ice on my nose. Theo went back upstairs.

      After a while of wondering what in the actual hell I was gonna do I thought of something. I went upstairs and into my mom's old room, found the box of my dads stuff, rummaged around till I found his pistol, found some ammo and loaded the gun, then shoved it in my waistband. I will not be going down without a fight. My dad taught me how to shoot once, I hated it, but it may be coming in handy.

I was just sitting on the floor when I heard a knock on the door. Fear immediately crept up my spine and I cautiously got closer to the door, when I heard talking through it I relaxed.

I opened it "Hey Two-Bit." It was Two-Bit and Steve

Both of their eyes went wide when they saw me "If a mad fourteen year old did that I'd hate to see what you'd do pissed off." Two-bit says

I weakly smile "What're you two doing here?"

They step inside "We came to check on you." Steve says "Johnny told us everything, he's worrying himself sick about you." Oh god I'm just terrible.... Oh shit and now he knows about August. He's going to leave me.

"Sorry..." I say quietly

Two makes a stop motion with his hand "Uh, nuh uh you are not about to apologize for that." I look down at my feet "We're all here for you, you know that right?" I nod "We aren't gonna let this guy hurt you alright?"

I look up "Promise?"

"Promise." They both say in unison "Now down to business. Cake." Steve hands me a plastic bag and inside is almost an entire chocolate cake.

I smile "And where did you get this?" I think I already know

"Santa." Two-Bit says "Darry made it this morning, it needed a new home."

"Does Darry know it needed a new home?"

"He will." Steve answers. Great they stole Darry's cake. "So uh... you gonna be alright?"

I sigh "I don't know. I'm pretty messed up right now."

"Okay, if you need something, anything, we're all here." Two-Bit says

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." I force a grin

There's a moment of silence "Hey we're heading back to the Curtis's, you coming with us?" Steve says