| Odd | 42 |

I woke up still curled up with Johnny. I know for a fact I have never been this well rested, that was the best sleep of my life. You wouldn't expect it but Johnny is like a human radiator, you can't be cold if you're in the same bed as him. I took a deep breath just inhaling the smell of him and enjoying the moment. I knew it wouldn't last much longer.

I could already hear my brothers getting ready for school downstairs, they weren't quiet. Before long I heard my door swing open without so much as a knock "Stacy we need a rid- oh." Theo had a mildly surprised look on his face.

I let out a long sigh "Yeah I'll be right there." I grumbled. Theo left and I didn't want to get up, it's so warm, it's too early, it's too cold out. Yeah and you'd make them walk? No. Ughhhh I tighten my grip on Johnny slightly "Johnny.." I say in an attempt to wake him, it doesn't work. I take the arm that isn't under him and gently shake his shoulder "Johnny, I have to take my brothers to school."

"I don't want you to.." he says quietly, his eyes still closed. How is his voice so much deeper in the morning?

"I'll come right back okay? Then we can just do this till I have work, how's that sound?"

He looks at me a softly smiles  "Sounds good, beautiful." He plants a kiss on my forehead then lets me go. I reluctantly get up and grab my slippers and robe, I don't feel like changing. I regretted that as soon as I went downstairs.

My brothers were sitting on the couch, still half asleep, but ready. "Christ almighty! Why's it so cold down here?" I tightly tie my robe

"Cause we have a broken window?" August says

"Hey watch your attitude." EW I SOUND LIKE MOM. "I mean- uh- shut up let's go." I hear them both snickering at me as we walk to the truck. I really need to get that window fixed.

      I'm shivering the whole way to and from the school. I love my truck but the heat in it absolutely sucks. I told my brothers to have a good day and they just mumbled a 'thanks' and left. If either one of them gets into more trouble I may go to jail for manslaughter. I floored back trying to get back home as quickly as possible. I really need Johnny to warm me up, I am in too little clothes for this.

I got to the house and took off the robe and slippers and threw them in my bathroom and went right back to my room. Johnny was laying there, holding a pillow instead of me.

I giggle "I never thought I'd be jealous of a pillow."

He puts the pillow back and holds out his arms "You're backkk" I crawl into his arms "You're colddd"

"I know, it's freezing out there."

He sighs "How long till you have to get ready for work?"

"About an hour." Stupid job. That's not true I like my job. Stupid morning.

He starts to play with my hair "Mkay" we lay in silence for a while, the only sound being our breathing.

I could've gone back to sleep but chose not to, Johnny did though, at least I think he did. He looks a lot younger when he's asleep, I think everyone does though. What did I do to deserve you Johnny Cade? I just watch him sleep, he's so cute, and he's just so peaceful. I wish he was always like this, I wish he didn't have to worry about getting jumped or his parents beating him.

When I glance at my clock I realize I only had about thirty minutes till I have to leave, shit I stayed here to long. "Johnny I've got to get ready for work"

He let go of me and groggily sat up "Has it been an hour already?"

"Actually an hour and a half, I lost track of time." I start looking for my shirts and some jeans.