| Terrible | 38 |

Did I stop at a supermarket on the way and buy booze? Yes. Did I force Dallas to buy it for me? Also yes. Do I have a drinking problem? It's very likely.

I was absolutely fuming so I drove double the speed limit. I'm surprised no cops pulled me over, but they were probably busy dealing with my brother. I'm already stressed enough but now my brother who's otherwise been out of trouble is in jail? Has he gone mad?

Steve and Dal were getting quite a kick out of me flooring it and swearing under my breath every couple of minutes. Although them being there was definitely helping with the pure rage I was feeling.

I slung my truck into what was supposed to be one parking spot but I ended up taking up two.

I opened my door "Hey remember, murder is a crime of passion and gets you a whole lotta jail time!" Steve shouted out after me

"Can it Randle!" I slammed my door closed and started walking into the building.

I went to the front desk and there was a chipper old woman sitting there writing something "Why hello dear, are you here to pick someone up?"

"Yeah, Theodore Greene."

When she heard the name looked at me above her glasses "Is that one of those boys hauled in for holding up that convenient store on 5th?" He held up a convenient store???

"Yes." I might just murder him.

She calls someone on the phone next to her and a few minutes later Theo comes out of a door with a very professionally dressed woman. Oh shit.

"Are you Theodore's sister?" I nod "Im with social services, they called me down because he told us your mother isn't around? Why is that?"

I glared at Theo "She's on a work trip right now, she'll be back soon."

She sighs "Well he just got a warning, if he gets arrested again it won't just be a warning, and I won't be letting him go so easily. Your mother needs to be the one to come get him next time or I will need to get the state involved." That's realllllyyyy not good.

"Okay thank you ma'am. Hopefully there won't be a 'next time'." Theo steps over beside me.

She squints at us "Alright then, have a good day." And she starts to walk off.

I start to walk out the building and Theo follows silently, I get a few yards out the door when Theo grabs my shoulder

"Stacy I'm sorry-"

"No Theo! This shit isn't 'I'm Sorry' a lady from the state came! Do you know how bad that is? Not only am I still a minor, if we do get taken away you and August would go to the same boys home! I would go somewhere completely different! And even when I turned 18 it would be so hard for me to get you two back. Not to mention mom! She'd probably kick me out! God Theo! Y'know what go get in the truck!"

"Stacy-"

"No! Get in the truck." He drops his head and walks off in the direction of the truck. Tears of unadulterated rage start pouring down my face, I stand there trying to regain my composure.

Just as I start walking again some random guy comes running up to me "Hey don't go too hard on him we had no idea!"

"Who are you?" I say a little harsher than intended

"I'm Dave but everyone calls me Davey. I'm Theos b- uh.. best friend." Okay? "I was with Theo, we really didn't know. Please don't go too hard on him." Didn't know what?

     What I'm assuming is his dad comes over and slaps the back of his head and starts to drag him away by the collar and calling him just about every name under the sun. Just before he turns the corner I see him mouth 'Please'. They must be really good friends, wish I'd met him in better circumstances.