| Love | 40 |

I stepped in the door and saw my brother's arm wrestling at the kitchen table with the TV playing some game show awfully loud. They're both grounded that's not supposed to be on.

"Hey you're back!" August calls out "Where were you?"

I kick my shoes off "Curtis's. Got drunk and passed out."

"See? I told you Aussie! Both booze and her are gone? Curtis's." Theo says pushing Augusts hand down and winning the arm wrestle.

"Yeah whatever Im going to get ready for a date." And I was off, I went upstairs and took a very thorough shower. I got out and did my hair all curly and attempted to do a couple braids on either side that join in the middle. I went back to room and went through every piece of clothing I owned. Grass and outdoors... okay so no dresses, no blouses it's too cold, no.. no.. got it!

I picked out a set of jean overalls with a butterfly patch on the pocket, a yellow striped shirt, gold hoops, white sneakers, and a little bit of makeup with some Priscilla-esqe eyeliner. Then I took down the shitty little braids I did and just left my hair down.

(I want those overalls so bad)

I went back downstairs and Theo was sat eating something at the table and August was laid on the couch watching cartoons. "Nuh uh August. You're still grounded, no cartoons."

"Aw man" he turns off the TV

Alright let's get this over with.. I sit down in front of Theo and take a deep breath. "Alright tell me exactly what happened." He stopped eating

"Okay so we were just riding around town and decided to get some food, but we didn't want to pay so we were just going to steal some from a convenient store. Well me and Davey were trying to pocket some candy bars when we saw a couple of our guys running. We didn't really pay it any mind till we heard the sirens, we tried to run but it was too late. Apparently Jacob held the guy behind the counter up at knife point and Curly and a couple others were trying to break into the liquor store next door. That's it, I didn't do anything."

I let out a sigh of relief, sure he got caught but at least he wasn't the one holding up the store.

"Okay, that's... better. You're still on house arrest and I'm still mad, but at least you weren't the one holding the store up. Guess that Davey kid was right." Theo perks up

"Wait you talked to Davey? What- what did you uh.. think of him?" Why's he being so weird?

"Yeah he caught up to me after I sent you to the truck, said you two 'didn't know' guess it makes sense now. I was too mad to think anything about anyone, he seemed alright I guess." Theo nods

"Maybe you could meet him under better circumstances."

"Yeah-"

He scratches his head "Hey what does house arrest mean? Like what can I and can't I do?"