4; why don't you move in with us?

after about 5 seconds, i smile and move away. i don't think a kiss was ever on the cards in that moment but it may have seen that way to outsiders. to me, it was just a fleeting, drunken moment of intimacy somehow. "thank you" i say to george, placing my hand on top of his, thanking him again for all his positive comments earlier on. he smiles and stands up, "come on, let's go see what mischief max and grace have created" george says to me, holding his hand out to take.

we head inside and i find grace and a few of the other girls that had came and i don't really see george for the rest of the night. we spent about an hour more in the club before i was more than ready to head home.

i ended up getting a taxi back on my own and was slightly nervous about it. as i was about to step foot inside it, i hear george behind me. "let me know when you get home, so i know you've not been kidnapped" he laughs. "please don't manifest that" i say half joking, half terrified. "you'll be fine, i'll see you tomorrow" he says before turning off to his taxi, back to his hotel. i completely forgot about tomorrow.

i make it home and just as i'm about to sleep i remember to message george. i still only have him on instagram so i dm him there.

elena_elmslie
i got home okay, hope you did too x

i don't see his reply as i ended up falling asleep...

georgeclarkeey
just got in, frantically trying to find an outfit to impress your brother for tomorrow😏

do you think he'd appreciate brown or green more?

i wake up the next day and i have a major headache and can hardly remember anything from the night before. i didn't even think to check the time before sleepily exiting my bedroom and heading into the kitchen for a glass of water. i'm met with the shock of my life when i see george c and my brother sat on the sofa right in front of my eyes. i don't say anything but my reaction speaks a million words. "well good afternoon, you're looking rather fresh" my brother chimes. i check the time and he's right it's 1:30 pm, it is the afternoon. i walk past the boys into the kitchen and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and immediately run back into my bedroom. my hair was covering half my face and half practically sticking to the ceiling it was that messy. i also had the remaining residue of last night's makeup all over my face. i had no idea george was coming today probably because i cannot remember a single conversation i had yesterday. i make myself look more presentable and decide to head back out into the living room and say hello to george and try recover from my previous appearance.

"hey" i say walking out of my door. george looks up and smiles and alex goes "i've heard all about your night" and my eyes go wide. "well i think i need a recap too because all i remember is absolutely throttling you at mini golf" i jokingly point at george as i join them on the opposite sofa. "umm not true, grace decided to give you a penalty which does not exist in golf!" george's competitive side coming out once again. "because you pushed me!" i laugh, realising i am also getting defensive. "you pushed her?" alex laughs and looks at george. i can see george looking nervous but then alex, raises his hand to high five george and his features soften and they both laugh. i roll my eyes. "what are you two doing today anyways?" i ask, trying to change the conversation. "i'm helping george set up his youtube channel. also i'll be honest mate i need some views for the second channel and george is pretty popular right now" he says jokingly. "umm, you have a sister here with over 5 million monthly spotify listeners." "hmm yeah but i want someone interesting on my channel" he insults me back. "okay well i'm off to a meeting anyways so i'll leave you guys to it" i turn back into my room to get ready.

george's pov

having a youtube channel has been my dream since i was young so to have alex's help was insane to me. i obviously played it cool, but i was pretty excited. i also felt like i owed it to elena because if she didn't bring me back to her flat then i would've never met alex, so i should probably thank her for that. we headed to alex's room and he showed me all the equipment he used for his videos and i helped him set up to film a video for his channel. we filmed a snapshoteye reaction video, i was slightly nervous but by a few minutes in, i was cracking my usual shit jokes and had relaxed into it.

we finished filming and alex asked me what time my train home was, "6pm but the stations only down the road so it's not too bad" i had brought all my bags with me so i could leave straight away. "how often are you travelling to london now?" alex asks me. "well, me and max are about to start a podcast so will end up being once or twice a week" i explain, "bloody hell mate, sod that" alex laughs. "yeah not ideal, but is what it is" i shrug. "listen, i was gonna wait to say this but i think you're a pretty sound guy. other george has just moved out and we were just gonna let the room out but i would love to help you out and let you stay here for a bit. you'd have to pay a bit of rent but it's better than commuting every week." alex explains. moving to london would be a big step, but he's right it would be a lot more convenient than commuting every week. "are you sure? that's really kind thank you" i reply. we discussed a bit more of the logistics and i decided i'd drive up to london in a couple weeks with my dad to move all my stuff in.

i say goodbye to alex and he lets me out the door, i make my way down the stairs of his building and as i push the exit door, elena comes around the corner. "heading off? my brother bore you already" she asks. "yeah, he wouldn't shut up bloody hell. no i've gotta catch my train" i say. "ahh well, safe travels" she says to me, "was nice seeing you these past few days, and will probably never see you again now" she laughs. i feel like i shouldn't be the one to break the news so i'll leave that to alex, i just laugh along with her and we head our separate ways...