31; please believe me

george's pov

i don't know where i'm walking but i just needed to escape the flat. my thoughts were spinning like the waltzers in my mind and i couldn't get them to slow down. i didn't know who to believe. obviously i wanted to believe elena but then there is concrete evidence from this other person so it's really hard. i'm also scared that this is going to end up online now and i don't want to make myself look like an idiot. i also don't understand why elena is playing innocent. did she think i wouldn't find out?

i head back home and my head is not much clearer but i've been gone for nearly 2 hours now so i feel like i should head back. as soon as i walk through the front door, elena is sat on the sofa and our eyes meet and she smiles at me and i give her a half smile back and walk past her. i couldn't look at her right now, i don't want to say something i'll regret and looking at her makes me want to cry because i don't recognise her. i would never in a million years suspect elena would do this to me, ever. i walk into our shared room and suddenly there's a knock. i peak the door open and thankfully, it's alex. i let him in and shut the door. "mate, what's going on?" he asks. "i saw the article, is it true?" he continues. "i don't know" i say sadly. "someone sent me videos of her with someone else but i just refuse to believe it" "what? there's video proof? elena isn't like this, i promise. are you 100% sure it's her?" alex asks me and i just nod. i don't want to say the words, i don't want to admit because i feel like an idiot but it must be true. "man, what the fuck. i'm so sorry, i'll talk to her" alex says, walking to the door. "no, no don't. please i'll handle this when i'm ready" i say.

alex leaves and i'm sat on the bed by myself, my head in my hands. suddenly there's another knock on the door and by the small sound it made i can tell it wasn't alex this time. "hello" she says quietly and her voice is hoarse, i can tell she's been crying too. i look up at her but nothing leaves my mouth. "are you angry at me?" she asks, standing back and she looks scared. one of the reasons i haven't addressed the situation yet is because of elena's previous relationship with thomas. he was abusive towards her, would hit and would scream at her and an agreement we made when we got together was that we would never get angry at each other and would always calmly talk things out and never be like her and thomas. "i don't know, truthfully i don't know how i feel" i'm scared to react because the last thing i want to do it trigger or upset her but i was angry. "i've seen the videos" i add and she looks at me, lost and confused. "what videos?" she says, furrowing her brows. "of you kissing some guy in the club last week" i explain. "what? what guy? i didn't kiss no one!" she was getting defensive now. "well the video says otherwise" i reply. she rolled her eyes but i could tell she was getting upset now. "george, please please believe me!!" she was screaming and crying. "i would never ever do this!! i don't know who's feeding you this bullshit but ask any of my friends, they were with me the whole night! but maybe this is making me realise what an idiot you actually are. you will believe some random person online but not your own girlfriend!" she was really screaming and crying now. i'm choosing to gloss over the idiot part right now but i now felt stupid. i really want to believe her but the videos say otherwise. "but, but there's videos. i just don't know!" i say, my mind is scrambled right now. "i wish you trusted me" she breaks down into louder sobs. "can i see these videos? can i see who's sending them to you?" she asks slowly walking closer. "umm yeah" i say and get it up on my phone. i show the account to her and the videos. "that's from last year! i know exactly who and where that was, it was in heaven for jade's birthday and it was her friend from home. i promise you, this wasn't recent" she explains to me basically begging at this point and i feel really guilty but also i don't know what to believe. "but you went to heaven last week" i question. "yes but i didn't kiss anyone then, i've been more than once george" she says and i don't know what to believe. my gut is telling me she's lying for some reason but my heart is looking at her crying face and wants to make this all go away. "listen, i need to sleep on this, okay? i really want to believe you but i need to piece this together for myself" i explain and she just nods, wiping her tears.

elena's pov
that night george slept on the sofa and i didn't sleep at all. i was tossing and turning and just thinking how this had happened. the article had now been taken down from the sun but other outlets were covering it and of course everyone on socials was talking about it. i was scrolling instagram to try numb my mind until i see something in my suggested followers section. the profile picture looked exactly like the account that had sent george the video of me, underneath it said 'from your contacts'. i was so confused, who on earth has done this. i decided to try log in to the account and press 'forgot password' to try find anything i could about the person in the account. as i press it, two options appear.

send recovery code to...

email- thoma***7@gmail.com
phone number- *******835

thomas? surely not. i remember that for some god forsaken reason i still have his phone number so i compare the last three digits and it matches. thomas is behind the account....