41; i was hoping for a couple more hours of peace and quiet

the next 2 weeks were all in preparation for my album. this included doing interviews and photoshoots and everything else. george had been away on a trip with the fellas for 10 days, so i decided to go surprise him at the airport, along with sabina, chip's girlfriend. i had been keeping in touch with proddy, the producer for the fellas and he sent over their flight details. he was helping us execute the plan. 

we arrived to heathrow airport 30 minutes after they landed to give them time to make it through the border and baggage claim. i text proddy to let him know where we were stood. he said he'd try direct the boys in that direction. 

we stood in the arrivals hall for around 20 minutes before i could see proddy leading the boys with a camera, this was smart as it meant he could catch their reaction's and also subconsciously lead them in our direction. it only took george about 30 seconds before he noticed me. his jaw dropped and he began walking a tiny bit faster over to me. i couldn't wait any longer so i ran into his arms, he caught me and caused us to slightly spin around. he hugged me tight, "what are you doing here? i was hoping for a couple more hours of peace and quiet" he jokes. i pull out of the hug and look at him with a 'really' face. chip's reaction was a bit delayed, he was watching me and george before he noticed his own girlfriend causing us all to laugh. 

"did you know about this?" chip points to george and calfreezy. they both shake their heads. "elena was going to surprise george and asked if i wanted to come too" she explains, arms still round chip. george turns to look at me with a big smile on his face, knowing it was my idea. he quickly pecks my lips too as a sign of appreciation.  

we make it home and i jump on a call with my manager and some people from the label as george unpacks. it was now 3 days until my album comes out and i was feeling all kinds of emotions. "i have some good news" my manager starts, building suspense. "we have submitted the album to be nominated at the brit awards!" she says excitedly. "oh my god! really?" i say. "it obviously doesn't mean you'll 100% get a nomination but you could!" my A&R says. we finished up the call and i went straight in to tell george. "george! guess what! the label submitted my album to the BRIT awards!" he turned around from facing his suitcase. "what? that's amazing!" he says excitedly and hugging me. 

fast forward 3 days...

@elenaelmslie:

@elenaelmslie: one day it'll all make sense is out NOW!! and if that wasn't enough... I'VE BEEN NOMINATED FOR THREE! THREE! BRIT AWARDS😭😭😭 idk what i did to deserve this but i feel so so grateful!! GO STREAM, GO BUY, TAKE OF YOURSELVES I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH <333

@max_balegde: SLAYINGGG as per usual! so so proud of you omg!!!

@imallexx: you're welcome for giving you a career😊 jk, so proud of you sis, congrats on everything x 

@georgeclarkeyy: don't know anyone more deserving, endlessly proud of you❤️