11; dont want to scare off the other girls on your roster

it has been a few weeks now since george and i kissed, nothing has happened since. i have realised since having alex home and me putting myself on a temporary drinking ban , we have had hardly any time to be alone or in a state where i confess way too much so nothings really happened. i have still been in therapy and am starting to feel like things are looking up for once.
max and george have officially launched their podcast and i was so proud of them. to celebrate, they were hosting a boat party. i decided alongside my therapist i was going to drink again to test out drinking to celebrate and be happy as opposed to numb pain as i wasn't in much pain currently.
"elena, we're leaving in 20 minutes" george shouts through my door. i was not ready. i wanted to curl my hair but my poor time management skills meant i spent an extra 30 minutes too long scrolling tiktok when i should've been in the shower. i am finally ready at 5:59 and i make it outside my room on time. i open my door and it's just george, meaning we're still waiting on alex. "i left it way too late to start getting ready, i couldn't even curl my hair" i say to george. "god i don't know how you can go out without curled hair! life is so hard! oh my god" george says mocking me in a girly accent. "shut up!" i say smacking his chest lightly. "if it makes you feel any better, i think it looks great like that anyways" he says, referring to my uncurled hair. "thank you" i smile at him, which he returns. "i'm ready!" alex bursts through his door. "6:01 mate, come on!" george says, pretending to hurry him but all of us knowing one minute won't make much difference.

we arrive at the boat dock and get on. i meet with george and max's managers to help set up the party while george and max are outside getting their pictures taken. i am eventually called out for photos, i get one with both of them and each of them individually as per the photographer's request. max then gets photos with his family and george and i set off to find alex who had gone missing. on the walk, we talk. "how are you feeling??" i ask him. "good" he shrugs his shoulders. "jesus, don't get too excited. might tip the boat over" i laugh at george's nonchalant expression, i knew deep down he was excited but he just wasn't very expressive. we found alex and he's sat on top of the boat, getting some fresh air. "mentally preparing myself to be in a confined space with tiktokers for hours" he says and i can tell he wasn't joking which is what makes it funny. "for fuck sake" i laugh, "come get photos" i tell him, ushering him. we eventually manage to get him and we get some group and individual photos. shortly after, everyone begins to arrive.

i spend most of my evening with grace once again and she's a bad influence. we drink a lot but also dance and laugh a lot and i feel great. the boat eventually docks and allows people to get off but the party continues. i look down at my phone to a text from alex saying he's gone home because he's tired and has lots of filming to do tomorrow. i end up losing grace but bump into a girl that stops to talk to me. "omg elena!" she says and i smile but have no clue who she is. "i'm emily, george's sister!" she introduces herself and i soften up. "omg hey! sorry george never introduced me" i say. "aww no worries. how's living with my brother? i'm glad it's not me dealing with him anymore" she jokes and i can see so many similarities between them. "he's not too bad. just wish he'd clean his sink after he brushes his teeth would make my life a lot easier" i laugh, unaware how much she knows about me so choosing careful words. "don't tell me he makes you clean his room?" she gasps. "both him and alex do! but i don't mind because otherwise the house would be state!" i laugh, the alcohol making everything seem funny. "what's making you laugh? because it's certainly not emily" i hear a voice behind me, it's george of course. "oh piss off george" emily defends herself, laughing. "um el, max and i were wondering if you wanted to give us a quick musical number" he smirks. oh god, if i wasn't 6 vodka cranberries deep, my social anxiety would've said absolutely not but i decide why not.
i had recently released a song with sigala called 'stay the night' (imagine elena was on the song instead of talia). it was a party song and i knew it would get everyone in the mood so i did it. the performance actually went down very well, apart from me stumbling around the stage and forgetting half of the second verse.
i get off stage and george is in front of me, "that was really good" he says, partly laughing. i don't know why he's laughing but i join him. both of us are very drunk. "thank you" i say back.
the party ends and it's just me, george, max and their managers left on the boat.
earlier on in the evening i made an instagram post: