18; panic attack

elena's pov
we get off the plane and my phone is blowing up. i don't know why i had so many notifications.
i scrolled through them all and that's when i found the reason. there was a video of george and i kissing at the beach club yesterday and it had been uploaded to tiktok. george was right, we should've been more careful.

"have you seen?" i ask george. "what?" he says putting his arm around me as we walk through the airport, i think he could sense my nervous energy. "someone caught us kissing yesterday and uploaded it to tiktok" i whisper to him. "shit" he says under his breath. "i'm sorry i know we should've been more careful" i say panicking. "what? no, it's not your fault! i kissed you as well, it's just bad luck that someone caught it" he shrugged surprisingly calm about the situation but i could feel the tightness in my chest growing. what if alex has seen it? what if thomas has seen it? what if all the george fans are going to start sending me hate i couldn't cope.

"george can you come toilet, i think i'm having a panic attack" i say quietly to him and his eyes go wide and he follows me, telling the others we were just heading toilet.

we get to the toilet and luckily one of a few disabled cubicles were free. i know you shouldn't use them but in a moment of panic, i had to.

this reaction may seem over dramatic to some people but my mind was immediately swarmed with thoughts. has my brother seen this? what are george's fans gonna think now they know he's seeing someone? what if thomas sees this and starts sending me threats again? i vocalise these thoughts to george. "you probably think i'm insane, i'm sorry. you're going through this too and look, you're perfectly calm" i say pointing at him. "don't apologise. this affects your life too, if not more than it affects mine. i just want to make sure you're okay." he says giving me direct eye contact. i continue to cry and lean into george for a hug, he hugs back tightly immediately. "and the best part of this, is you don't have to go through it alone. alex, we can talk to him together. my viewers, i'll post a statement or something and thomas well i'll deal with him if he has anything to say. i promise" he pulled me out of the hug and looked into my eyes. "i promise all of this will be okay. there's a solution to all of your worries, okay?" i take a deep sigh, trying to control my breathing and nod at him. george was right and all i needed was to tell him my thoughts and have him rationalise them all for me.

i take a brief moment to compose myself and sort my face out from all the tears. and we head back outside to see all the others.

"corrrr, cheeky shag in heathrow airport toilets?" max jokes. i look to george and smirk, "he wishes" i smack his chest and laugh. "we got your cases from baggage claim" andrew says with a smile and wheels our cases over to us. george and i thank him and we're now all ready to head home. we head off into our own taxis.

me and george were in ours and i was bouncing my legs anxiously and george noticed. "i promise you, it will be fine we'll talk to him together. and just think if he accepts it then we can shag whenever we like" my eyes go wide, "george!" we both laugh and he claims he's joking but i know he's not.

we pull up outside the flat building and i wanted to grab george's hand for extra confidence but decide it's not appropriate for right now.

george unlocks the door to the flat and leads the way. alex is in the kitchen making himself some food. "oh hello" he says to us and raises an eyebrow. "had a fun time i see" i could feel my cheeks turning red. "yeah the weather was really nice" i say trying to play naïve even though i knew it wouldn't work. "listen, i'm not gonna beat around the bush. i saw the photo and the disgusting video" alex quivers at the last part. "to be honest, i don't know how i feel about it all. it's weird i won't lie but i'm not like angry about it. i'm more curious how you've managed to pull this off behind my back and how long i've been oblivious?" "a couple months, like just after george moved in" i say hesitantly. "how the fuck have you managed to sneak around for 2 months?" alex laughs. george and i both shrug. "i'm guessing you're official? like dating?" alex asks and i look up at george, waiting for him to answer this one as it was his doing. "well yeah, but only recently" george responds. "okay please be honest, have you shagged in my bed?" he asks cringing as he waits for a respond. i gasp, "what the fuck alex, no! and i never would" i say in shock. "okay maybe i can allow it then" he puts his ingredients back in the fridge and i'm not sure if the conversation is over or if he has something else to say. "so you don't mind?" i ask, filling the silence. "i mean i'm not like ecstatic about it, but i knew that night that you brought him home something would happen. to be honest for a while i was convinced it did happen that night. i don't mind this happening but i have a few ground rules and it includes absolutely no sex when i'm home. i don't want to hear it, i don't want to see it and i don't want to walk in on it! that would be the worst thing ever! so no sex when i'm home, god forbid" alex explains very passionately. "i think that's pretty fair" george says and i nod. "i wouldn't want to have sex when you were home anyways" i shrug and pull a gross face. "okay well i'm glad we've established that and if you break up. i'm not being in the middle, i will still be friends with george unless he like cheats or does some fucked up shit so you need to accept that" alex explains and george and i both nod.

the conversation is over and we all walk off to our respective rooms. i begin to unpack and about half hour later there's a knock on my door, it's alex.
"hello?" he says and i open the door to let him in. he sits on my bed, "so how was the trip?" he asks genuinely. "it was very nice, apart from my panic attack in the airport afterwards" i explain. "panic attack? i thought you stopped having those" alex says. "i did but i was worried about the reaction from the photos and telling you" i say, nervous of what he'll say back. "jesus el, you don't need to send yourself into a panic attack about what i think. i know i'm your annoying older brother but you're an adult i'd never stop you doing something unless it was like something dangerous or whatever" we both laugh. "but seriously, i want you to be happy you deserve it and i prefer anyone over that prick thomas, i always knew he was bad news. but i know george and i think he's a sound lad and i think you're good together you know. he has my approval, as long as you're happy. but know if i ever spot or suspect any red flags from either of you, i will intervene" he says trying to be serious. "that's fine" i laugh. "thank you for caring about me" i say to alex sincerely. "it's an older brother thing" he shrugs, i roll me eyes and reach out to hug him. i don't think we've hugged in a long while so it was nice to actually receive some affection off him. we pulled away and he begins to crack his knuckles, i raise an eyebrow in confusion. "time to go dominate george and threaten him if he ever cheats on you" he says, standing up. "oh god" i say putting my head in my hands and off alex went to go "intimidate" george, even though george is probably twice the size of alex in muscle and strength.

a/n- just wanted to say a massive thank you for all of the love on the book so far! i appreciate all your votes and comments they mean the world. i honestly thought no one would read or enjoy my story so the fact there's so many of you tuning into every chapter is so cool! so thank you :)