22; it's a one way ticket just for you!

it's a couple days later and alex and i were leaving the flat to head home this afternoon. however, i was sad to leave george.

i was currently sat cross legged facing george as he leant back against the sofa  on our living room floor ready to open our presents to each other. "are you ready?" i say smiling at him and handing over a box full of his presents. he began to open them, the first few were just small things, including 3 cans of deodorant. "are you trying to tell me something?" he says to me. "umm, no they were just on 3 for 2" i say and laugh. "fuck sake" he laughs also.
he makes it through the smaller presents and was about to get to his main ones. "okay i really struggled for ideas so i apologise if they're shit" i shrug. "don't say that, i love deodorant and socks!" he says taking the piss and luckily i can take it, i roll my eyes at him. he opens the first one and it's a scrapbook that i had made for the past few months we've been together. george began to look through it and his smile was wide on his face. "i only filled it half way so we can keep it going" i smile. "thank you, that's really thoughtful. i love it" george says. i smile at him and he moves onto the next. "okay and then your main present is in that box" i tell him, pointing. he grabs the box and begins to tear away the wrapping paper. the orange nike box is suddenly revealed and it's some trainers he's wanted for ages but he claimed they were too expensive. "el, what the hell! you didn't have to get me these!" he says, dropping the box and pulling me in for an awkward sat down hug. "but i wanted to!" i tell him. he opens the box to admire his new shoes. "thank you, that's very kind" he says, smiling again. "you like them? i got the right size didn't i?" i ask. "uhh... yeah you did" he says checking the box. "big sock to match my big co-" i cut him off before he can finish. "no, not true". "wow okay, that's rude. don't know if i want to give you your presents now" he says. i just roll my eyes.

he slides over a small pile of presents to me. i begin to open them, he got me a bottle of perfume he claims to have hand picked himself. "i thought it smelt nice, i don't know, if you want i can get you another o-" i could tell he was worried that i didn't like it. "george it's fine, i love it" i say opening the bottle and spraying a tiny bit on myself. "okay" he takes a sigh of relief. i open his next present, it was a pair of ugg slippers. "you're always moaning your feet are bloody cold, so i asked em which ones were the nicest and she said these" george says. "ahh that's so thoughtful thank you! tell your sister she has great taste, i love them". my next present was heavy but soft, i was confused. i begin to unwrap and as i do, i laugh and look up at george. he's wrapped up a pile of his hoodies. "now you can have these, and i can buy myself some new ones so you don't steal them!" he teases. "we all know i'll just steal the new ones too" i smirk. "but you have your own now!" he says. "yeah but they're better when they're yours!" i don't think he quite gets my concept. there was one more present and an envelope left over. i began to open the present as george instructed me to do that first and he had got a framed photo of us from one of our first dates. "i hate that photo but i know you love it, so i got it framed" george explains. i pout my bottom lip, that was so cute of him to think like that. "thank you, i love it" i say and lean over to peck his lips. "okay last one!" i say excitedly.

i open the envelope and there's a piece of paper inside. i unravel the piece of paper and it was a flight confirmation to paris. my jaw drops into an O shape and i stare at george in shock. "what the actual fuck" is all that manages to come out of my mouth. "yeah, it's actually just a one way ticket just for you, now piss off!" george jokes. "i don't even know what to say, thank you so much" i say still in shock, completely zoned out from his joke. george gets up to hug me but i'm still frozen in shock. that was the last thing i expected when i opened that envelope. i had been telling george for a while that i wanted to go away to paris, thinking i'd book it and he'd just tag along, not him surprising me with it! "when do we go?" i ask. "beginning of february, i thought it would be nice to get away after your song comes out and promo is finished" i smile at him, how was he so thoughtful? "thank you" i say finally standing up and hugging him tightly. he explains a bit more about the trip and how we still need to book excursions and everything but i was excited nonetheless. however that excitement was soon replaced with sadness as we said our goodbyes. it was only for about a week but that was the longest we'd been apart since george moved in. "bub bye" george says in a funny accent as he hugs me goodbye and then tickles my side as i pull away to try stop me from being sad. i just roll my eyes and faintly laugh. "see ya mate" george and alex exchange a bro shoulder barge. "make sure you lockup properly when you leave" alex says to george as he was going home tomorrow, wheeling his suitcase out the door, i follow behind him. when i can see he's a couple feet ahead, i quickly run back to george and peck his lips and run back again, waving my way down the corridor.