17; elena, it's just a burger

i woke up the next morning and turned to look at george, he was already awake on his phone. it suddenly hit me that he asked me to be his girlfriend last night but it still didn't feel real. "i feel like i need to double check, you did ask me to be your girlfriend last night didn't you?" i ask him to make sure. "good morning to you too" he says sarcastically at my first words of the day. "but yes, i did. is that okay?" he asks. "yeah yeah of course, i was just making sure i wasn't dreaming" "well i mean i am a dreamboat. dating me is like a dream" he smirks, pushing my head into his chest. "hmm from my 6 hours experience so far, i can't confirm or deny" i shrug. i couldn't believe my life right now. i was on a paid trip to south africa with a boy that was genuinely nice to me and i had all these new friends and everything was just going great for me.

today was our last day but we were heading to a beach club and then heading straight to the airport. definitely a bad idea to go drinking just before our flight but it will ease some of my nerves and hopefully i can sleep through the flight.

i was getting ready in my room and we had been told we needed to wear one of a few jack wills bikinis we had been given as they wanted promotion for them. i immediately felt self conscious as i never really wore bikinis and was more of a one piece kinda girl but i sucked it up. as i was picking myself apart in the mirror, there was a knock on the door. "come in" i say and quickly turn away from the mirror so it's not obvious what i was just doing. it was george of course. he looks me up and down and wolf whistles jokingly. i bury my face in his chest in embarrassment and hug him. "stop it" i laugh. "i hate it" i say. "what do you mean you hate it?" he lifts my face up so i'm making eye contact with him. "you look great i don't know what you're talking about" he reassures me. i pout at him, "thank you. it's just a bit much for me but i appreciate you" i lean up and kiss him. i finally step back and appreciate his outfit, a two piece shirt and trunks. "i love this" i say signalling to his outfit. "thanks love. are you ready to go?" he asks, holding his hand out for me to take and i'm about to take it but then i remember everyone else. "we can't" i say and make a sad face and george is suddenly snapped back to reality and remembers where we were. however i really wish we were alone right now.

i sat with grace on the coach transfer to the venue and she was already offering me cans of drink and it was only 11am but i happily took one. we arrived at the beach club and it was basically ocean beach but in south africa. the vibe was very much hot young people cosplaying as love islanders. thankfully, we had our own section in the corner and all were enjoying it amongst ourselves. maybe a little bit too much as me and grace were very drunk.

at one point, everyone ended up in the pool but i (definitely george) decided i was too drunk and i should sit out in case i was ill. this meant it was only me and george left in our area so i tried to kiss him. "el, not here. someone will see and film us" "we're the only ones here!" i say, my drunken mind not understanding what he's saying. "no, i mean people over there might film us" he explains, but i was desperate for his attention. "please, just one kiss" i make sad eyes at him and he can't refuse. we have a quick peck and hope it's quick enough for no one to notice.

i secretly had a couple more drinks and soon enough we were leaving for the airport. i don't know who planned this trip but they clearly didn't think about this part because i was far too drunk to be going anywhere near an airport.

we're walking back to the bus to take us to the airport and i can't even walk straight. george ends up having to hold up my body weight which causes a lot of glances from people but he was more worried about me making it home in one piece. i was sat next to him on the coach this time and he encouraged me to sleep hoping it would cause some of the drunkness to wear off.

"el, el we're here you need to wake up" george says lightly tapping me to wake me up. i jolt suddenly and am confused by my surroundings, until i remember where i am. i stand up and george being the gentleman he is, wheels my suitcase for me, alongside his own. i think secretly he just wanted to show off his muscles but it made my life easier so i didn't refuse. i could finally walk in a straight line but i still felt very ill and slightly drunk. someone handed me a water bottle and i got through most of it as we walked through security and check in. we were finally in the departure terminal and i had lost george. i think he'd gone with max somewhere but i wanted to find him. i got up to head to the shopping area but was stopped by grace. "where are you going?" she laughs at how out of it i still am from the sleeping and alcohol. "i want to find george" i say. "he'll be back in a minute, just stay here" i believe her and thankfully she's right george appears a few minutes later. "george!!" i say excitedly at his arrival. "hello love, you've perked up a bit" he laughs. "happy now you're back" i smile. "aww that's cute" he says and smiles back. "i got you some food, i figured you should probably eat" he hands it over to me. i pout in my drunkenness and smile. i started to get emotional "thank you, you're so kind to me. i love you" i say, now becoming a soppy drunk. george is taken aback by my last phrase. it was the first time either of us had said it and we only got together officially yesterday but despite the fact i was drunk i still meant it.

george's pov
"thank you, you're so kind to me. i love you" elena says as her eyes are tearing up. she had just told me she loved me and even though it's very early days i think i love her too but i don't want to say it yet i want to tell her when she's fully conscious and she can remember it. "babe, it's just a burger you don't need to cry" i laugh, pulling her into my side and rubbing her arm comfortingly. "i know but it's just so kind" she says now sobbing hysterically. "glad i'm no longer the only person in this friendship group to sob over a mc donald's" grace says over my shoulder and i laugh. "what's funny?" elena says, through tears. "nothing darling, keep eating it will make you feel better" i say trying to keep her under control. "is she alright?" joe baggs walks over, laughing at her sobbing over a burger. "think i've just given her the best hangover cure and she's a bit emotional about it" i tell him laughing. suddenly she's silent and george baggs points out, "think she's enjoying it that much she's fell asleep" i look down and she had fell asleep, mouth agape and burger sauce dripping onto my freshly white top as she was still leaning into me. "for fuck sake" i whisper. not sure what to do in this situation, i just leave her to sleep but taking the burger out of her hands and making a mental note to get the persil out when i'm home.

5 minutes before our gate opens, i wake elena up and thankfully she makes it onto the flight just about. still very drunk, i decide to take grace's seat so i can look after her in case she was sick. i think everyone else on the trip has clocked onto me and elena at this point but thankfully everyone was too tired or hungover to mention it.

the second we get onto the plane, elena is actually excited which surprises me due to her fear of flying. she's telling me what films she wants to watch and i follow along with her drunken thoughts until 2 minutes later. she's out like a light again, fast asleep. and as much as i love her i was thankful as i was looking forward to having a sleep as well. shortly after, i also fell asleep and the 12 hour flight began.

alex's pov
george and elena had been away for a few days now and i had been bashing out content whilst they were gone and i had a quiet empty flat. i put out a tweet:

hey guys, need tiktoks for a reaction video. send me tiktoks that will make me as uncomfortable as possible, thanks

and the replies came rushing in:

is your sister making out with your roommate enough to make you uncomfy?
(attached tiktok video)

paul breach's latest tiktok just made me throw my dinner up
(attached tiktok video)

watching your sister kiss someone has to make you uncomfortable, right?
(attached tiktok video)

what the actual fuck was going on? george and elena, surely not this can't be happening. i knew since the first day they met something like this would happen but i didn't expect it to happen like this.