28; all i wanted to hear

a week later...

"so we need to start posting tiktoks to promote it now" my manager olivia says to me. i'm currently sat in a meeting with my manager and some people from my label to discuss the release of my song 'the blue'. "has george heard it yet?" olivia asks. "no, i'm so scared for him to hear it!" i say hiding my head in my hands. "well he's gonna have to soon, if not today" she says and that makes me stomach drop. "i know! i know!" i say, trying to be confident but secretly freaking out.

on the commute home, i listen over to the song one last time just to make sure it's perfect and i've decided i'm gonna have to play it to him tonight, otherwise he's just gonna hear it on tiktok or somewhere else.

i make it home and i feel sick, the anxiety was building. george was on the sofa so i went and sat next to him. "hello, you alright?" he greets me, opening his arms for a hug. i return the question and we briefly talk about our days. "i can tell you're on edge, what's wrong?" george asks me and he also seems slightly scared. "well, we all decided i need to play you the song" i say hiding my face in my hands. "okayy, that's good isn't it?" he laughs, looking slightly relieved that's all i was nervous for. "i guess but i'm just nervous for you to hear it" i say, laughing in embarrassment. "well did you think i was never going to hear it?" he laughs. "well no, i know but i was trying not to think about this moment" george moves closer to me. "listen, unless you're calling me an asshole or something then i'm sure it will be fine and i'll love it. stop stressing. you were so nervous to meet my parents and look how that turned out" he was now holding my hands and he was right. he always knew exactly what to say and that's why i loved him. i dropped our hands and pulled him into a tight hug because i didn't know what else to say. we stayed like that for a few moments and then george broke us apart and clapped his hands together. "right come on, let's listen!" we walk into our bedroom and i set it up on my computer. i also set up my phone to film his reaction just because. "are you ready?" i ask, turning around to face george sat on our bed. "just press play!" he says, so i do so and then run back onto the bed and hide behind him.

(for reference the song i'm thinking of is 'the blue' by gracie abrams, i did link it on another chapter but imagine elena wrote that song but changing some of the verses)

george's pov
i could tell elena was nervous and to be honest, so was i. i do a better job of hiding it though. i knew i would never hate it, i was more so just scared to hear her real feelings as we're not the two most serious people in the world and i know how much her music means to her so i wasn't sure how deep she was going to go. but i was blown away. the song was perfect, it was emotional and it captured exactly how i also felt so perfectly and to know she wrote it before we were even together and knowing we were both feeling the same way was really nice. i began to tear up, i had no words. the music stopped. i could feel elena behind me and she eventually came closer but she hadn't noticed the small tears. "sooo, wasn't too shit?" she said. "it was amazing" i say, slightly choking as i try to speak. "wait, are you crying?" she asks. "what, no! never" i say, trying to wipe my eyes. she comes behind me and wraps her arms around my neck pulling me back into her. peppering kisses uncontrollably all over my face and neck and suddenly it feels like an attack, she has me in headlock and smothering my face. i pretend to not enjoy it but secretly i do. "is my little georgey crying?" she says in a baby voice and we both laugh. she eventually breaks off and looks me dead in the eyes. "you promise me, you actually liked it?" she says and i can see she's searching for a genuine answer right now. "i pinky promise" and stick out my pinky and we interlock.

elena's pov

"i can't believe you finally heard it" i say. "and how far we've come from the first night we met like what the fuck" i continue. "it's actually mental, like when i sit and deep it, time is crazy" george adds. "god, now everyone else has got to hear me being soppy about you" i say. "listen, you're dating tiktoks most wanted man so count yourself lucky you can be soppy about me because i've got quite the queue" he says in his mock voice. "for fuck sake" i say under my breath and laugh. "i'm proud of you, you know that right? the song is incredible and i don't know how you do it, you literally took my exact thoughts and put them into that song" george explains. i pout, to hear he felt the same way and to hear that he's proud of me makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. "that's all i wanted to hear" i say and also begin to well up. "come 'ere" george says and opens his arms out. "you silly sausage, stop crying" he says as he rests his head on top of mine and laughs. "you did it first" i mutter against his chest and we both laugh.