39; sweet nothing

now that we're back from paris it was full album mode so dan and i are going away for the week to a cabin basically in the middle of nowhere to fully concentrate and give everything to the album. i said goodbye to george last night as he had to be up early to film with the sidemen. but as i wheel my suitcase out my bedroom i notice something on the side. it was a bouquet of roses and a little box with a note that read:

happy early valentine's day my love,

go smash the album writing, i can't wait to hear what that little mind of your's creates. take this necklace and roses so i'm right there with you cheering you on.

love you always,

george x

spoiler alert to what's in the box, thanks george. but what the fuck? how had he done all this? i now felt bad i hadn't got him something early as i was away for valentine's day. to be honest, there's been so much going on i completely forgot about valentine's day. i would have to order him something and give it to him when i was back. i took the necklace out the box and it was beautiful, i opened the locket and it had a photo of us in it on one side and the other side said 'so i'm always with you'. i could feel tears in my eyes, i sent george a message to say thank you and then dan was outside to pick me up and take me to our destination. 

on the way there dan was playing me some demos he was working on. he had just been to america and worked with olivia rodrigo which was crazy to me as she was one of my favourite artists so i got a sneak peak at some of the stuff they worked on. 

eventually, we arrived. it was a wooden cabin in the middle of the woods and it was stunning. we had a big open living room with a big fire and tv which was going to be great for our downtime between writing. we also see our bedrooms and we both have king sized beds with giant bathrooms. "it feels wasted that we're just going to be sat in the recording studio" dan says. "listen, i'm going to make the most of the label's recording budget" i say and we both laugh. we then enter the office room which we were going to turn into our studio. 

dan unloads all his equipment from the car and we get set up. it was already 4pm so we decide to go on a walk through the woods today instead of recording as we wanted to be up early tomorrow and we knew if we got in the studio now we wouldn't sleep tonight. 

i decided to call george and thank him again for the presents. "hellooo" i say as he picks up. "how was filming?" i ask him. "it was good, but long and bloody hot in the studio. i had to get powdered because i was so shiny!" he tells me making me laugh. "jesus christ, well i'm excited to watch. also, thank you again for the necklace" i say holding it up to the camera. "and the note and the roses" i add smiling. "that's alright i'm glad you liked them. i noticed you wore silver a lot so i hope that's okay" "george, it's more than okay thank you so so much" we both smile. we end up catching up a little bit more before i head to bed. 

the next day...

dan and i agreed we'd wake up at 9 and aim to be in the studio for 10am. and we achieved that. "how are you feeling about this album?" dan asks. "scared" i laugh nervously. "whyy?" he laughs. "i don't know! i feel like i need to prove to people i'm not a one hit wonder and i can make good music!" "and you can! let's brainstorm. you just need to make music that you would want to hear"

i sit down at the piano and mess around with some chords. "george left me this note and it reminded me, he always talks about how he have a great mind and he likes it. i think that's like one of the best compliments ever" i explain to dan. "that's like an 'i'm in love with you' comment not just an 'oh i think you're attractive'" he says and i nod. "i want to try incorporate that" i say.