24; yeah...a couple of besties

i end up sleeping well that night as i had been so busy recently it was nice to get an early night. i roll over and check my phone:

george <3

you said you were going to call, so just checking alex hasn't murdered you for sending that photo

okay, guessing you've feel asleep

goodnight, sleep well❤️

9:38AM

omg i'm so sorry! i fell asleep a lot earlier than i intended
but good morning <3
safe travels today xxxx

george's pov
i was heading home for christmas today and i was excited but not looking forward to the long journey. i woke up and elena had finally responded and i was thrilled to know alex hadn't murdered her. i ended up facetiming her as i packed to make sure i hadn't forgotten anything and off i went to the train station.

after 3 hours, i was finally home! i unpacked and joined my family at the table for dinner. "oh george it's so lovely to have you home" mum started with. "it's nice to be here. weird being back but i definitely missed it" i smile. "how's elena?" my sister, emily asked. "oh yes, we're dying to meet her!" mum chimes in. "yeah, i'll try bring her here soon. but she's doing good, her and alex have gone home as well and she's with all her family so i think she's happy" i say. "why doesn't she come here for new year's?" dad suggests and it's actually not a bad plan, it means i get to see her again sooner than anticipated so i'll take it. and it will finally make my mum stop asking when she's going to meet her. "i think that's a fantastic idea!" mum responds and i nod, "yeah i'll ask her". we sit around the table and talk a bit longer before i dismiss myself to go and shower and get an early night.

i call elena after my shower.

"hello ello" i say as i pick up the phone. "oh hello there" elena responds.

elena's pov
i had just got into bed as george called me, causing my face to immediately light up. things have been fun at home, but intense with everyone around so it was nice to hear his voice. "so my dad has actually asked, if you want to come to ours on new year's eve? he does a big celebration every year with a bbq and my mum always makes a good spread of snacks and stuff. if you're interested? no pressure though" my mum normally likes to go out on new year's but i'd really like to get out of this house by then and it would be nice to meet george's family and friends, so i say "yes! i'd love to. that would be amazing, tell them thank you so much for the invite from me!" i smile. "of course, i'm excited to see you" he says and my smile grows even wider and i think my cheeks may have even changed shade slightly. "me too, clarkey" i tease him.

the next morning

i wake up and message george before heading downstairs for family breakfast. mum had made my favourite, pancakes. "did you sleep well?" she asks, leaning over me to place plates down. "yes thanks!" i smile and then remember mine and george's conversation from last night. "oh mum, you don't mind if i miss new year's this year do you? it's just george's parents have invited me to theirs and george really wants me to meet them" i ask cautiously knowing she'll probably be slightly sad that i'm not spending the day with her. "well, i suppose so but only on the deal i also get to meet george soon because i want to meet him too! and you better come with us for new year's next year, both of you!" she points her finger at me. "yes of course" i laugh. shortly after, alex walks in and asks me if i can film a podcast with him later as his channel needs views. "happy to be of service" i joke and we all enjoy our breakfast.

later that afternoon, alex finishes a make shift podcast set up in our room. "okay, make sure that stays plugged in and try not to move out of the frame too much" he gives me strict direction. "alright wes anderson" i joke but he doesn't laugh.

we begin to film and we discuss all sorts, recent tiktoker news and just general news. "because i'm lazy, i got questions for you off instagram to finish off the episode" alex says. "for god sake, you can guess what they're all about can't you?" alex says, side eyeing me. "what? no?" i laugh at him and then i realise. "oh shit yeah" i continue laughing. "my bestie george" i say sarcastically. "you're literally a couple" alex says monotonely. "yeah... a couple of besties!" i say, trying to dodge the topic. "i think everyone knows by this point!" alex laughs. "i know but i still haven't admitted it so im gonna keep denying" "fair enough" alex sighs. "how is george anyways? you've been apart a few days now" alex grills me. "he's good, i miss him though" and i make a pouty face, half joking and half not. "how's alice?" i ask flipping the script and we then manage to dodge the topic of me and george.

george's pov

i haven't seen my parents all day as they've been working so we decided to go out for a family meal this evening. "have you heard from elena? what's she up to?" my mum asks being her usual nosy self. "yeah, she's good. i think she's going to come new year's eve so we'll see her soon" i smile. "ahh yay, that's amazing! we're so excited to meet her" my mums smile was from ear to ear and it made me smile to see her so happy to meet elena.

a/n: i'm so sorry for the delay in updates and the fact that this 'comeback' chapter isn't the best but life's been pretty hectic lately so the story has kinda taken the back seat. however i just wanted to say thank you so so much to everyone that's read the story, i can't believe there's so many of you and i wanted to update it as a thank you and say i promise more updates are coming soon- thank you so much for sticking around :)