34; we're not just gonna discuss every time we've shagged!

it had been a week since the song had come out and today was a big day as it was the day the uk top 40 music charts were revealed. but first, i am heading to film with max and george for the useless hotline. 

"hello i'm max balegde" 

"and i'm george clarkey and welcome to the useless hotline"

"it won't always just be us, sometimes we'll be joined by a trial employee like today" george continues. 

"YES! today we have the beautiful elena in with us and i can't wait to spend the next hour embarrassing george, i still can't believe we've actually reached the day george has a girlfriend" max says laughing. 

"oh god! please don't make this weird" george says with his head in his hands. 

"i can hear the door, i think she's here!" max says, clapping his hands excitedly. 

the set up is then changed around so i am sat opposite the pair of them, ready to be interviewed. 

"why am i nervous?" i say before i've even been introduced. "welcome to the useless hotline!" max says excitedly. "it's intergation time" he suddenly becomes serious. "so, what's your national insurance number?" george joins in the act. "do you know what, i wouldn't even know where to find it, is that bad?" i ask. "i wouldn't either" max says, joining me on my conversation tangent. "okay, first task for you. you nee-" i cut george off. "make you a drink!" george looks offended. "well done! someone clearly listens to the podcast" max laughs. "marking you down for that" george pretends to write down "rudely interrupts interviewer". i roll my eyes, "just showing how much of a fan i am. i actually listen to the podcast weekly" i say. "she actually does" george says to max. "yep, biggest fan" i shrug. "okay, drinks! i need a drink" max says making grabby hands towards the cupboard. "okay, i'm scared because realistically i should know what you both would want but i also want to be mean" i say scanning the cupboard. 

i finish making the drinks and max cringes his face up and flaps his arms in disgust at the drink i made him. george was about to speak but is cut off by max trying to distract himself, "anyways! i wanted to ask you how you got famous actually. because it sounds bad but i don't know" he says. "clearly didn't do your research" i smirk. "no, well i went to a stage school so have been singing, dancing acting for as long as i can remember. very lucky that i have a brother that got famous off youtube, featured in his videos and streams. thankfully people liked me so he set me up with one of his friends that makes music and we made a really crap song and put it on soundcloud. never worked with him again, sorry james. but then, my producer that i still have now called dan somehow found the song and reached out. it literally only had like 2000 streams. we then made a whole EP of songs, they also flopped" i laugh awkwardly. "thennn we almost quit but i made 'vampire' which somehow blew up on tiktok, made a song with sigala and then now i'm here i guess" "when you put it like that, it is actually mental" george says. "yeah, like i've had so many industry plant comments but like i have been making music for a while, just no one was listening" i laugh. "now you met us!" max says. "i know, i met you guys pretty much just after 'vampire' blew up, right?" "yeah, i was going to get into it later but i think you two need to say how you met" max says, referring to me and george. 

"shall i? or you?" i turn to george. "you go and if something's wrong i'll correct you" george laughs. "okay, well how i remember it is, after 'vampire' blew up my manager panicked and sent me to loads of tiktoker events and i can't lie i hated most of them because i'd just broken up with my ex and the last place i wanted to be was in a room full of influencers. thankfully, i met grace in the queue and then when i walked in she introduced me to max and then..." i'm cut off by max, "see! i told you she met me first!" max says pointing at george. "sorry, for the longest time i've been telling george that i introduced you two and that you should both be thanking me for your relationship" max says pointing between me and george. "she just said grace introduced her!" george says pointing at me, arguing with max. "well, i guess it's chicken or the egg because if grace didn't introduce me then i wouldn't have met you, but then i think you did introduce the two of us. to be honest, i was too drunk to remember. i'll settle for the fact it was you AND grace" i try to satisfy max. "anyways, continue" max says, laughing. "yeah, so then that night george absolutely rizzed me up" "okay well i can definitely say that isn't true, george hasn't rizzed anyone ever in his life" max interrupts. "listen, i'm the rizz master" george says. "well, he TRIED to rizz me up. he gave me his jacket and sat and listened to me cry, so i don't know" i say. "nothing's changed" george jokes. "well that's fucking rude, but true" i laugh. "then, i don't know. we just continued to see each other at events and it kinda went from there" i say. "um, you're missing the fact you took me back to your's the first night we met" george responds, pointing at me. "yeah, i kept asking you two about this and you both said nothing happened but i knew you shagged that night" max says. "woah woah, you're both making me sound so bad. we did NOT shag. i was drunk and said george could sleep on my sofa because his hotel was really far. that was it, no shagging!" i clarify passionately. "hmm, i call bullshit but whatever... you definitely shagged in south africa!" max says, referring to the jack wills trip. "we're not just gonna discuss every time we've shagged!" george says, laughing. "wait, i'm genuinely trying to think. did we shag in south africa?" i was genuinely trying to recall. "we're not discussing this!" george disrupts my thought process. "okay well something else happened in south africa, your doing" i smirk at george. "oh yeah, i asked you to be my girlfriend in south africa" george recalls. "oh yeah, how did he do it? was it romantic?" max asks, trying to get the juicy details. "umm, not really" i laugh. "rude" george says. "we were drunk on a balcony. and he just said 'can i call you my girlfriend' or something like that" i try mimic his voice. "george clarke, there's no way you asked this beautiful girl to be your girlfriend on a balcony, like that!" max says scolding george. "wh-" george's mouth forms an O and he tries to defend himself. "no, i'll stick up for george slightly. i didn't really mind. i do wish you'd said it a bit differently" i say nervously, laughing. "but! it was the right moment, he'd left me waiting a while so i was just happy it happened" i shrug. "thank you, i thought it was a nice moment" george says. "no it was! just funny from the outside but yeah, i say yes so it must've been alright ahaha" "now you're in love, all thanks to me" max says. "actually, who said i love you first?" max continues. "george, i think? yeah..." i say. "yeah, it was. when you came to bristol" he clarifies. "yeah, no way i was saying it first. too anxious for that, i wanted to say it sooner but every time i went to say it, i was too scared" i explain. "no, i was the same! i waited for andrew because i was like 'omg what if he hates me?'" max says. "no, same! i was like omg he probably doesn't, so i stayed quiet" i laughed. 

"okay, so i have something planned for you two today" max says, building suspense. "oh no" i say, slightly nervous. "come on in" max waves someone in. me and george both look at each other in confusion. "it's a lie detector!" max says and a man with a machine walks over to us. "oh no!" i say putting my head in my hands. 

a/n- continues in the next chapter🫣 sorry for the slow updates but i promise more is coming!!