19; how did YOU get so lucky?

alex was still the only person that knew about me and george but we decided it was time to tell some more of our friends.

we had now been officially dating for over a month and it was going really well. george had practically moved into my bedroom full time and it was nice to not have to sneak around alex.

we were in my bedroom, i was sat in front of my mirror finishing off my makeup and george was flicking through his makeshift wardrobe on my bedroom floor. "do you think this top would do with my cargos?" he asks me and i turn around. "george it's a basic white top, of course it will go!" i laugh. "i know i just like making sure it has your approval" he smirks. "simp" i laugh back. "hey!" he says defensively "you love it though" he says in defeat, leaning down to kiss my head. i smile at him through the mirror.

we were finally ready and headed on out to meet grace, max, billy and andrew at a pub for pres before we went out. we get there and it's just billy and grace. grace walks over and hugs me immediately and george and billy shake hands and exchange an "alright mate" before sitting down to talk about god knows what. grace drags me to the bar. we order our drinks and as we're waiting for them to be made i decide to tell her as i wanted her to know first. "george asked me out" i say smiling. "hallelujah! i knew it!" grace says pointing at me. "i've been placing my bets on when this would happen! i knew it, i knew it, i knew it! he did it in south africa didn't he?" she asks and i looked at her confused. "how the fuck did you know that?" i laugh. "your aura changed. you had the girlfriend glow" she says and we both laugh. "i'm chatting a load of shit but i could just tell i don't know" she adds, grabbing her freshly made drink and sipping on it as we walk back over to the boys. "didn't get us drinks then?" billy asks, shrugging. "ah shit, we were too busy gossiping" grace says sitting down. "fuck sake, i'll go" george says getting up. "are you sure mate?" billy asks and george goes and orders two pints for the boys. "so you and george then?" billy looks at me giving me an exaggerated wink. "oh god not you as well!" i laugh. "come on, we all knew! it's been obvious from day one. we all knew you'd end up together" billy says. "was it really? god, i was gonna tell everyone but is there much point anymore" i laugh. "who else knows officially?" grace asks. "literally just you two and alex and apparently half the population according to you" i say. george walks back over with two beers. "we can go on double dates now" billy says. "nah i ain't going on dates they'd do. active dates, they'd probably climb a mountain or some shit" grace says. "i'm sorry, climb a mountain? what makes you think that? i haven't been to the gym in months i'm not climbing a mountain" i laugh in shock. "nah george gives me mountain climbing vibes" she says and i burst into laughter so hard there might have been tears. "well that's rude" he shrugs. "have you ever climbed a mountain?" billy asks. "well... yeah" george pauses. "i knew it!" grace says and we all laugh.

shortly after, max and andrew finally arrive. "hey everyone. sorry we're late" max says as he comes and sits down. "max was filming his bloody disney pin advent calendar" andrew rolls his eyes as he sits down. they order drinks and sit back down. "i think elena and george have some news" grace says and immediately grabs her drink to sip it, not facing the repercussions. i look at her with wide eyes. "well, it's probably not a shock but me and george are dating. god this is so cringe" i hide my head in my hands. "i told you so!" max says pointing to andrew. "he was in your bed in south africa wasn't he?" max asks. i stay silent. he repeats it, "wasn't he?" he says getting way too excited. "how the fuck did everyone know about what happened in south africa!" i say laughing. "because there was a george shaped object in your duvet when i came in and he was missing from his own bed so i knew exactly where he was" max explains. "so i suffocated for nothing!" george exclaims. "oops" i pull a face. "we should've made a bet. made some money off this" grace says. "for fuck sake" i laugh putting my head on the table.

"how have the viewers taken it?" andrew asks me on the way to the taxi. "umm, i've had many a death threat from 13 year olds that thought they had a shot with george. but to be honest it's kinda died down now because we haven't addressed it but i'm sure something else will happen and liven it  up again soon" i explain to him.

we make it to the club and i'm already very drunk so i hold off on the drinks for a bit. i need the toilet so grab grace to come with me.

we're waiting in the queue and grace gets to talking to the girls behind us and then i join in. "are you guys' boyfriends here?" one of the girls asks randomly. "yeah, they're outside" i point out the door. grace looks at me in confusion and now i'm also confused. i was too drunk to realise these girls had just set me up to expose myself. but it wasn't until i had been toilet, washed my hands and left that grace goes. "you know you just told them that george was your boyfriend?" "did i?" i ask in shock. "well you said OUR boyfriends are out there and we all know you're not dating max or andrew" she laughs. "oh well, hopefully they won't recognise me anyways" i shrug and we head back over to the boys.

"you alright?" george says as i walk back over to him. "i'm a bit hot, can we go sit outside?" i ask. "yeah, come on" he says and grabs my hand and leads me to the doors.

we get outside and i sit on the bench and george sits on the other side. "do you remember this bench?" i ask george. "hmm no, nothings really coming to me" he says sarcastically but my drunken brain doesn't understand the sarcasm. "you're joking? we sat here the first night we met! when i was having a breakdown and you came and sat here with me" i say looking into his eyes.

george's pov

as soon as she asked the question, i knew exactly where we were. i wanted to joke with her but she didn't quite pick up on my sarcasm. i can't believe it's now been just over 4 months since that night and now she's my girlfriend. i still remember the first time i saw her and thinking she was beautiful but i never actually thought anything would come of it. i'm not the soppiest of people out loud or in front of others but i do feel so lucky to be able to call elena my girlfriend and i think being back here in this moment has grounded me and reminded me how lucky i am.
"of course i remember you idiot!" i say to her and her beautiful blue eyes are staring at me intently. "i thought corrr what a sort" i say jokingly. "ahh yes as i was hyperventilating and sobbing with messed up hair and makeup" she says. "yeah and to be honest you've never looked better since" i smirk. "rude" she says but i knew she could take it. "and now look at us" i say, looking into the distance before turning to look back at her. "how did you get so lucky? ay" she says to me. "you mean how did YOU get so lucky? you're dating tiktoks heart throb" i joke. "piss off" she says as she leans over and rests her head on my shoulder and i put my arm around her. "i guess i am kinda lucky" she says and kisses my cheek.