30; please don't lie to me

i stared at my phone in shock, cheating claims? i can feel george stirring next to me and now i don't have enough time to read this article before he wakes up. i try to skim through it but they're claiming an 'anonymous reliable source' has witnessed it and i don't even know who that could be and i want to scream and cry because i know it's all bullshit.

"you alright?" i hear george say next to me. "yeah, um they released the photos from last night" i tell him. "oh god, so they did get some" i just nod quietly, anxiously waiting for him to see it too. he eventually turns his phone on and looks at me, "have you seen the article?" he asks and looks at me in confusion. i feel guilty but i don't know why. "well it's not true is it?" george asks me, hints of nerves in his voice. "what? no of course not! i don't know where the hell they get this shit from and it's the sun anyways" i say. "yeah, no exactly" george says but i can see he's not fully convinced. "what? do you not believe me?" i look at him. "well, i do but there must be some leverage for them to call this source reliable and for them to print a story" he says. "you really think i'd cheat on you?" i say and george looks at me, annoyed. "of course i don't! but it's just all come out of nowhere.

george's pov
i really didn't want to believe the article and think that elena would ever dream of cheating on me but i did receive a dm the other day from a girl claiming she saw elena kissing another guy in a club. i ignored it as i thought it was probably just someone lying but they also provided me with a photo that did look like elena kissing someone else but the photo was so blurry i again chose to ignore it thinking someone was just messing with me but now this article has come out too, it's making me question a lot of things. i really don't think she ever would do that but is everyone else seeing something i'm not? elena gets up and goes to the bathroom and i lay and stare at the ceiling. my mind was spinning, i didn't know what to do or say. i pull up my instagram dms and try find the message again.

just thought i'd let you know, elena is in the club rn getting with some other guy. i didn't want to make my filming obvious so it's a bit blurry but i'm sorry ☹️

i decided to respond

hey, when was this taken?

almost instantly they responded back...

a week ago at heaven (the club)

i checked back through our texts, she was out in heaven that night. the stories match up. i don't know how to handle this because i obviously want to believe my own girlfriend over some random person online but i just don't know what to do. i message back...

was it you that sold the story to the sun?

no, it wasn't me someone else must have seen or maybe this isn't the first time😬

fuck, so now two people have reason to believe she's cheating on me. my head is fucked and i just don't know what to believe. i decide to go into the kitchen and make breakfast because i know she won't argue with me in front of alex and i need time to process this. about 10 minutes later, my phone pinged and the girl had sent me a video. my stomach dropped. i felt sick rise in my throat. it was a video of elena kissing a boy in the club. i couldn't believe my eyes. it was like a car crash, i didn't want to watch but i couldn't look away. alex wasn't in the kitchen like i'd hoped so i'm now scared for the appearance of elena from our bedroom. i have to put down my cereal bowl because i could feel the anger rising inside of me. i actually couldn't believe this. the song, the things she's said and done for me. and this is how she really feels? this happened just after we said 'i love you' to each other. i can hear footsteps, so i put my phone down and continue eating with the plan of staying silent. "are you okay?" she asks me and i can tell she's nervous. i just hum in response and she walks into the kitchen to make herself breakfast. i eventually speak up. "when were you going to tell me?" i say to her. "what?" she turns around. "you know, that you're cheating on me? because i was always going to find out." i say back sternly. "but i'm no-" she starts but i cut her off. "stop lying to me please, please don't lie to me" i can feel tears rising now. "i'm not! why don't you believe me?" she also now has tears in her eyes. and i want to hug her but images of her kissing someone else flash through my mind and suddenly i don't want to. "i think i'm going to go on a walk" i say and get up to leave. "george, please don't!" she begs after me, but i leave anyways.