bonus chapter; rolling stone article

a/n- i wanted to try something different for this chapter, it's meant to be an interview elena has done to promote her new song. it's nothing crucial to the story just some fun back story and extra bits, so i won't be offended if you skip but i had fun writing it :)

————————————————————
🔍rollingstone.com
———————————————————-

elena elmslie is ready to proclaim her love for someone special on new track 'the blue' and wants to forget all about those cheating rumours

by cassie stanton

cassie met with elena before her big photoshoot to ask some questions about her newest single, those recent rumours and the potential second album!

hey elena! it's so good to talk to you, thank you for making the time!

thank you so much for having me, i'm so excited.

now, we have to talk about 'the blue', i was lucky enough to hear it early and it's such a pretty song

omg thank you! that means so much to me. i'm glad you think that, we worked really heard on the production and it's definitely the most special song i've put out in a while.

yes, so i have to ask- it's about george clarke, correct?

ahaha *laughs nervously* yes, it is. the funny thing is, we weren't even together at this point and i'm literally pining over him.

how long after you wrote that did he ask you out?

i think like just under a month? maybe, to be honest the past year has all been a blur.

how did george react when you played it to him?

he cried! he shed actual tears! he's going to kill me for mentioning that, but it's true he really did cry. i then also cried but i cry at everything. i think it was a big relief to both of us that we had both been feeling the same way all along, but i literally only played it to him a couple weeks ago. i was so scared for him to hear it!

do you get this nervous about all the songs you release? or just this one?

i mean, all my songs are personal and are normally detailed explanations of things that have happened in my life but i think because this time because it's something i'm actively going through and not something from the past it feels even more personal. also, people know exactly who it's about and have pretty much followed our relationship since the beginning, so i'd say this one feels slightly more nerve wracking.

now, i can't interview you without talking about recent rumours

oh god ahaha

we can talk about as much or as little as you want, but i feel like i want to ask what you'd say to anyone that has seen them?

i mean, firstly i'd say they're not true in the slightest. the photos were taken over a year ago, when i was very much single and if anything in a really bad place and trying to cure it by finding attention in the strangest of places. but i'm happy now and i think it takes a truly unhappy person to make up rumours like that just to mess with me so i hope that person finds peace soon because i know i have.

to move onto better things, i know 'the blue' hasn't come out yet but i think the fans would hate me if i didn't ask about an album? can we expect more music following this single?

of course! i mean i'm always writing music and i think especially recently, with falling in love and everything that comes with that it has inspired some pretty good songs if i say so myself that i'm really excited for people to hear!

any exciting features that you can tease?
ooo, i don't know much i can say but there's a very good friend of mine and george's that also makes music and we wrote a really good song together that will more than likely be in there. people should be able to work out who i'm talking about *laughs*.

lastly, tell everyone why they should go stream 'the blue' when it's out!

you should stream it because i put my heart on a silver platter for you all to listen to and i think it's an okay song and i really don't want my label to drop me ahaha! so yeah, go stream it and i hope you love it as much as i do!

'the blue' by elena elmslie is available on all streaming platforms now, listen here.