27; here come the honeymooners

after the fireworks, everyone was tired and decided to head off home or to bed. george and i still cooped up in his childhood room that he had definitely grown out of. "i can't believe it's 2024 already, where the hell did the year go?" i say to george as i lay on his bare chest contemplating the year just past. "you are aware that you sound like every middle aged woman right now, aren't you?" he teases me. "well i'm sorry for making an observation, do you not think the times gone quick?" i ask him. "well yea-" "you sound like a middle aged woman!" i cut him off and we both laugh. "ahhh god" i say as we tail off laughing and i turn myself around and rest my hand on george's chest to prop my body weight up so i'm at his face height. "i love you" i say staring deep into his eyes and he smiles at me, like i've never seen him smile before. "i love you more elena elmslie" and we kiss and it feels like time stops. we eventually pull away when we're both out of breath and laugh. "okay it's like 3am now, we should probably get some sleep" i suggest. "probably so" george says and i lay back down and between the long day and the copious amounts of alcohol we're both knocked out in seconds.

we wake up the next morning and make our way downstairs. some of george's family travelled far so stayed the night. despite the fact george's parents held the party of the century last night there is not a single sign of fatigue on either of their faces and they have made another exceptional spread for breakfast this morning. "you didn't need to do all this!" i say to george's mum. "oh just sit down and help yourself!" she says and we did just that.

"when will you guys head back to work?" george's dad asks me and george. "well i'm releasing a song in a couple weeks so to be honest i need to start promoting it and getting back to work now" i say and have internal panic of how soon it was coming and how george still hadn't heard the song. "well my management office don't reopen until mid january so i'll have no brand work until then probably but i still have to keep posting" george explains. "gosh, i don't understand any of this but i'm so proud of you both! you're clearly doing well for yourself and that's all that matters" george's mum says as she grabs our plates to wash them up. "oh please let me do it!" i suggest but of course she protests so i leave her to it.

alex texted me and said he was going back to london today so george and i decided to follow suit and head back up today. it was a short visit to george's house but i already felt apart of the family due to george's lovely parents and i couldn't wait to visit them again. we finished up packing our suitcases, didn't take me very long, and then we george's dad kindly dropped us to the train station.

we managed to get seats on the train and we sat down. i rested my head on george's shoulder. "you look really tired" he says with good intentions. "wow, i'm offended!" i joke. "no! i just mean you're being cuddly and i know that means you're tired" he backtracks. "i am" i nod as i bury my head further. "have a nap, i'll wake you up" so i do just that.

2 hours later...

"we will shortly be arriving at our final destination, london st pancras" the train announcer spoke. no sign of movement from me or george. we had both fallen asleep. luckily, someone hit me with their bag waking me up and i hazily squint through the sun to look out the window and realise where we are. "shit" i whisper, panic setting in. why didn't george wake me up? i look up, he's fell asleep too. "shit" i whisper under my breath. "george! george! wake up!" i tap his arm. he groggily wakes up but he's not moving fast enough for my liking so i tap him again. "come on, we're the last people on the train!" i say and suddenly he realises where we are. he grabs our suitcases and we rush off, apologising to every train attendant we see on our way out. "for fuck sake, of course it's us that falls asleep!" i say. we both make our way to the underground, neither of us fully awake enough to comprehend what's going on but somehow we make it back home.

we open the flat door, "hellooo" i say as we arrive into the kitchen, waiting for alex to arrive. but there's no sign of him. i can hear his voice coming from his bedroom but i couldn't decipher what's going on. i knock on his door, george closely behind me. "come in" he says and turns out he's on stream. "ahh here come the honeymooners" alex teases, pointing his arms out to us. "ahh for fuck sake, i should've know" i sigh. "george!" alex jumps and hugs him, i forgot they haven't seen each other in like 3 weeks. "these are the real honeymooners, i feel like i'm intruding on something here" i say pointing between them coming closer to the screen to read the comments as they continue their reunion in the background. most of them were positive which i was thankful for but i turn away when alex speaks, "okay can you guys piss of now, i wanna stream" he says. "you've probably not had as many streams as when we arrived. we're what people are really here for" i shrug and alex just tells me to piss off again so we close the door and leave him alone.

a/n: sorry this is a bit more of a filler chapter but i promise it will pick up again in the next few chapters