Ch.3 - The Anti-Climactic Section

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd mention that this story will be updated every 3 days (For those who are wondering when to tune in).

Also, what do you think will happen once your abilities are revealed to Cyborg? Will the rest of the team accept you?

(Be sure to vote, and save the story.)

• • • • • • • •

This was... unexpected. Did Cinderblock get a makeover?

Cyborg and Y/N gazed up at the Grimace-looking figure which hulked over them. It reeked of old diesel oil, and made their eyes sting due to the aroma.

Cyborg prepped his sonic canon.

Y/N then shifted into an ever-so-slight fighting stance, his fights glowing white.

The prisoner smirked and looked over at Cyborg, "Ready to rock?"

Cyborg replied in a low voice, "Stop talking to me like that."

Just as they thought the monster would strike, it turned around and walked right through the wall of the Power Plant, without a single care that two teens existed.

They stood there, taken aback.

"Uh... did you see what I just saw?" Y/N proclaimed. Neither of the teens had disarmed their fighting stances.

"Unless my circuits are trippin' me up..." Cyborg answered, still recovering from the situation straight out of a comic book.

There was a brief moment of silence. Y/N then lost the glow in his fists, resuming his normal stance. "Oh well, let's keep lookin." He turned around and began walking back the way they came, which came as a surprise to Cyborg.

"Hey, where are you goin?", the cybernetic teen called out.

Y/N continued walking, "Out to look for that Cinderblock dude."

He then pivoted to face Cyborg. "Was that not the deal? I help you find Cinderblock, you get me outta this prison."

Suddenly, a very brief thought crossed Y/N's mind - Why did he even want to leave prison in the first place? He was convinced that nothing more could ever possibly come of this life.

The hole he had dug himself was too deep; free of all love, and hope. Where the heck did this motivation come from? For the first time in a while, he began to show a slight sense of optimism.

He didn't dare let Cyborg pick up on it.

"I mean, well... yeah! But you gotta help me deal with this sludgy guy!" Cyborg protested.

"Oh, come on. Don't fool yourself here." Y/N wore a wicked smirk on his face.

He slowly inched closer to Cyborg.

"You're just scared. You know that you can't take him on without the rest of your team, don't you?" Y/N chuckled.

Cyborg appeared very offended.

"What do you think you're talkin' about? You don't know me!" Cyborg exclaimed.

He was subconsciously backing away from the mysterious prisoner in fear.

"Oh, I know enough." Y/N's voice lowered with each passing sentence. "And from the looks of things, more than what you do."

Cyborg remained silent. It was strange. Y/N hadn't even done anything worthwhile for Cyborg to witness, yet he gave off a devious essence. An essence which the cybernetic team had yet to witness before this night.