Ch.7 - So Long...

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos..."

A certain grey sorceress levitated above her bed.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos..."

It was strange, her mind was clouded with a mysterious fog that she had never felt before.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos..."

Her sacred mantra was unable to bring her back to her center

Her sacred mantra was unable to bring her back to her center. This had only happened once before, when her father had cursed her and her ancestors with perpetual damnation.

She wasn't so sure this time.

As soon as Y/N stepped within 10 feet of her, a fog that disguised her demonic instincts began to form around her.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos..."

Why? Why now? Sure, the dork was kinda cute, but he was just an ordinary hero like her, right?

Eventually, Raven could no longer remain focused in her bedroom and proceeded up to the Titans Tower roof.

She always loved it up there. It was one of her safe spaces, distant from the ear-shattering noise brought upon by the emotions of her peers.

Raven had spent her entire life being purposely deprived of affection due to her emotion-driven powers. This meant that any social interaction, positive or negative, was like visiting another planet.

The view of the seemingly infinite ocean lit by the millions of stars in the sky, reminded her that she wasn't alone in this life.

There was someone out there who had to have understood her. Someone. Maybe that someone was closer than she thought.

As she approached the edge of the roof, she began to levitate in her lotus position, chanting her mantra.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos..."

"Rough night, huh?" A familiar male voice called out.

Startled, Raven let out a yelp, before falling to the ground in a heap. Y/N was sitting 10 feet away from her on the edge of the roof, staring out over the dimly light horizon.

"Oh, come on, I'm not that scary, am I?" Y/N said with a grin.

Raven grunted and stood up, clutching her temples.

"Whatever happened saying 'hi'?" Raven queried.

"Whatever happened to sleep?" He replied.

Raven sighed, "Sorry, I didn't realize you were up here, I'll leave."

Just as she proceeded to walk towards the door exit door, Y/N stopped her, "No, please, stay!"

She quizzically turned her head.

"It gets a little lonely this time of this night." Y/N continued.

"I'd... rather meditate alone," Raven quietly protested, turning away from him. "Besides, I just met you. If you knew what I was, you wouldn't want me around a second longer."