Ch.27 - Emptiness

"...It ain't a good plan, but it's a plan."

"Y/N, no! Stop!" Raven pleaded.

Y/N ignored her and gave his complete attention to the approaching zombie demons.

"Hey, fellas!"

They snarled and growled in response to his summons.

"What's a demon's favorite game show?"

They drew closer.

"The Price is Right... eous!"

There was a quick moment of silence, before the 7 demons all charged at Y/N.

"Y/N, what are you doing?"

"I said, trust me."

One of the demons pounced on Y/N like a lion on prey. Y/N dodged the monster and did not attack.

This became a recurring theme throughout the next few minutes. If Y/N fought back, he'd be extremely likely to be killed, which would've been terrible at this point.

The absence of space in the room, on the other hand, made it incredibly difficult to gain any valuable leverage over the demons, including avoiding the large smashed glass pane that bordered the wall opposite the entryway.

Raven then realized that he was gradually attracting the demon horde away from her prison, giving her the courage to investigate more.

"Raven, don't! Look away! Look away and take deep breaths!"

"But you're-"

"They're not pure-bread demons. They're possessed humans; zombies, triggered by instinct. Normally, zombies react to sound and touch. But since they're- woah!"

He barely dodged a chair thrown at him by one of the zombies. Where did it even come from?

"Since they're demons, they have the emotional edge. They're triggered by fear. Like a damn dog."

He kept luring the demons away from Raven, who had no idea what he was doing. She did as she was told, desperately pulling her gaze away from the scene behind her.

He eventually baited all 7 zombies to a conveniently huge mirror over Raven's old ruined dresser. The zombies, like deer in headlights, halted and gazed bug-eyed at their reflections, losing all rageful propulsion.

Y/N then crept up behind them.

"On your left."

He fired a massive energy beam into the mirror, which reflected and threw the undead out the open window, 100 feet down to Titan Island.

There was complete stillness in the room.

"Hope that Earth tastes good. It's cooked to well-done, just how you freaks like it." Y/N grunted as he gazed at the ground beneath the Tower.

"Y/N," Raven said in great concern, as she held onto the rotting bars of her cell, "Are you alright?"

Her voice still carried her fatigue and trauma of the previous 30 years.

"Yep. When it comes to me and demons. I either live, or I don't. There's no in-between."

"But... how come you lived back when I... you know." Raven looked down at the floor.

"Because you were there to save me. Only a demon can undo demon magic. If only somebody could undo all of this..." Y/N said as he gazed around the landscape beyond the window frame.

He went up to Raven in her cell. As he approached, she locked her gaze on his. She could properly come to her senses and process a thought or two now that the shock of his return had worn off.