Ch.8 - Staring Down The Darkness

"Raven, stop!" The familiar voice of the boy wonder resonated from behind her.

I can still see. I can still hear. I can still feel? Man, this isn't what I thought the afterlife would be like at all.

Raven suddenly looked over towards the door to the roof, and there stood Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. They all looked horrified at the sight they saw. Heck, they had a good reason to be...

Y/N, a physically indestructible young man who seemingly showed no fear or vulnerability, was crying in horror of the quiet, grey sorceress.

As Raven heard Robin's voice, her magic dissipated. The 4 red eyes disappeared, leaving behind the 2 innocent eyes of the Raven that they knew.

"Uh- I...", she choked, she lowered herself to the ground.

She began to back away from the petrified Y/N, seemingly horrified at her near-miss at a one-way ticket to prison.

She stared at him, dread flooding her mind.

"Raven! Y/N! Are either of you harmed?" Starfire called out.

As Raven backed away, Y/N was revealed to be lying on the floor.

Half of his face was severely burnt by Raven's wrongdoings a few moments prior.

"Dude..." Beast Boy said with an essence of fear.

"I..." Raven stuttered, before pulling her hood over her head and bolting past the rest of the Titans to her room.

"What is her deal? First, she nearly wipes out Y/N, then doesn't even stick around to explain herself?!" The green channeling blurted out, talking with his hands, more so than his mouth.

Cyborg rushed forward to check on Y/N.

"Y/N, what happened?" He said with great concern.

Y/N seemed to be in some PTSD-induced trance. He was whispering rapid indistinct phrases. He had tears of fear gradually falling down his face and was shivering like a puppy lost in the rain.

Robin approached Y/N with caution, while Starfire and Beast Boy were hesitant to get involved.

The leader knelt down next to Y/N, "Y/N, can you hear me?"

No response.

"Robin, is he... alright?"

"No Starfire, he's not," Robin replied with a sigh. "This is... suspicious", Robin rose to his feet.

"You're tellin' me..." Cyborg interjected.

Robin looked deep in thought, "I don't know what Raven did, but something tells me there's more to this. Why would Raven attempt to kill Y/N out of the blue like this?"

"She's tried to kill me before," Beast Boy interjected.

Cyborg smirked, "Yeah, maybe he told a bad joke." Beast Boy's face fell in annoyance.

Robin continued to glare at Y/N, "There's got to be some history here. I know it."

"We will, 'follow this up', am I correct?" Starfire queried in her broken English.