Ch.16 - Well-Oiled Machine

Back at the Tower, the rest of the team were falling victim to their lack of arsenal.

With only 3 members there to fight, their coordination was lost, and the team could not move as one entity. 

At least there was an even 3v3 playing field.

Mammoth went after Robin, serving as a great much of Speed vs Strength.

"Come here, little birdy!" Mammoth teased, chasing the boy wonder up the Titans Tower staircase.

"Gotta catch me first. A bit of cardio ought to do you some good." Robin said, throwing a fire extinguisher down at Mammoth, before leaping further up the staircase.

• • • • • • • •

Jinx went after Beast Boy. Her powers of bad luck came in very handy due to the surrounding electrical components of Titans Tower's systems.

Beast Boy leaped and scattered down the basement hallway as a monkey, while Jinx exploded the fuse boxes that lined the walls.

"What's the matter? Afraid of a little bad luck? Scared that you're little friend Y/N isn't here to save you?" She sinisterly spoke.

• • • • • • • •

On the other hand, Gizmo had taken Cyborg. This was not good news. On a physical scale, Cyborg beat Gizmo out of the park, no question. However, what put Gizmo ahead was his technical genius. A genius that arguably outweighed Cyborg's.

"Show your face, you rusty kluz-bucket!" Gizmo called out, walking on 4 robotic spider legs as he scouted for the cybernetic teen down the hallway.

As he proceeded down a specific doorway, Cyborg steadily began to creep up behind him, attempting to disrupt the boy-genius' systems.

Suddenly, the door closed behind him, and Gizmo's face appeared on several monitors that lined the walls of the room.

"Hey, tin man, got a heart under all that crud-wear? Guess I gotta take you apart and find out!" The boy's voice spoke from the various monitors.

Cyborg looked up, to see Gizmo hurtling down toward him. "Oh, shoot."

• • • • • • • •

Robin and Mammoth had taken their brawl into the gym, where Robin's combat abilities struggled to match Mammoth's mass and strength.

Robin hurled a flash bomb towards Mammoth, the dispensement of tear gas blinding him upon impact. Mammoth yelped in extreme discomfort.

As his eyes quickly cleared up, he looked in front of him, and Robin was gone.

"What the-" Before Mammoth could finish, he felt the Boy Wonder grasp onto his neck from behind, landing several punches to his face.

Mammoth began to attempt to thrash Robin away, as the effects of the flash bomb had not entirely worn off.

"Thrashing only makes me hold tighter," Robin grunted.

Mammoth snickered, "Tight enough for this?"

He swiftly grabbed Robin by the arms and launched him towards the barbell racks. 

His impact had knocked some of the plates off of their racks, as one landed on Robin's ankle, rendering him unable to get up to defend himself.

He screamed in pain, "You're not gonna get away with this!"

Mammoth laughed as he approached Robin, "Oh, is that right?"

• • • • • • • •