Ch.9 - A Mother's Love

Authors Note

Remember to vote, save, and follow, either wise Raven will hack and delete your Wattpad account.

Anyway, enjoy! This chapter oughta satisfy your sweet tooth a little.

• • • • • • • •

Ugh, go away...

Up until a few hours ago, Y/N had gotten used to the chamber of voices that echoed in his mind. Eventually, they just blended in with the background noise of the city's daily occurrences.

However, it seemed that his close call with Raven had brought them back into the limelight.

They only grow louder when I'm near her...

Despite this concerning annoyance, Y/N chose to ignore it, like many of the other burdens he had faced in life.

There he stood in front of a stone-cold metal door, the word 'RAVEN' imprinted in big bold letters. The familiar aroma of magic was so strong, that he wasn't sure if she was even there.

"Only one way to find out." Y/N knocked on the door.

"Raven?"

No response.

Just as Y/N had the urge to walk away out of fear, he pressed on.

"Raven? Hello-", as he knocked on the door a second time, his nerves got the better of him.

The shock from previous events had left him in an odd daze, leading him to let his guard down on his own strength.

After he built up the confidence to knock again, the door collapsed, hitting the floor with a loud...

THUD!

"Great. Been here less than a week and I'm already destroying the place." He lousily kicked the door out of the way, "Now I've got another thing to apologize for."

Y/N gazed into the empty room. It was so... dark The darkness only added to the sense of discomfort Y/N felt from the demonic magic that painted the walls.

"Jeez, hello darkness my old friend..."

He stepped through the doorway, out of the light from the hallway.

"Uh... Raven, you in here?", he called out.

No response.

The silence within the room called his name. It was eerie. It was alluring. It was seductive.

As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he began to see what appeared to be the aftermath of a dorm-room drunk party.

Purple drapes and torn pages of countless books were scattered like confetti, and the bed sheets were everywhere but the bed.

"Someone got a little carried away in here... Is there someone else hiding in the closet?"

Suddenly, something in the room refracted the light pouring in from the doorway. Due to the darkness, Y/N couldn't see the source of the reflection.

Y/N began to enter the room, the seductiveness of the atmosphere growing stronger. He lost all awareness of any previous anxiety that filled him moments prior.

The voices faded into the background.

He looked down at the floor, staring at a little handheld beauty mirror lying in a mess on the floor.

"Huh?", he curiously picked it up, "Didn't think Raven was the type to try and break a mirror with her screams of rage..."

Y/N caught a glimpse of his face in the mirror. He didn't realize how harsh the wounds on the right side of his face were.