Ch.13 - Fragile Beginnings

The rest of the Titans were rightfully suspicious after Y/N's sudden announcement.

"Raven and I are heading out for a few hours. Try not to destroy the universe while we're gone!",

Raven was standing a few paces behind him, with her hood over her head.

Robin was quick to interject, "Hey! Wait a minute."

Y/N cocked an eyebrow, "Does... my hair not look okay? What's the problem?"

Robin widened his eyes, "What planet have you been on this past week?"

"Yeah, dude, you two tried to kill each other and almost destroyed the Tower!", Cyborg chimed in.

"Yes, Y/N. I am afraid that you and Raven with the lack of company would not be the best idea. Shall I procure you the pudding of sadness? It is a dish whic-" Starfire said with concern.

"That's fine, Starfire," Robin perked up.

"Well, number 1, she tried to kill me. And number 2-"

"We're not children, we're old enough to sort these things out independently. Our troubles are no one else's business." Raven addressed the rest of the team, stepping forward.

Technically, they were children, but with what had just happened, they had the right to proclaim their maturity in situations like this.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Y/N said.

"Listen, I'm only saying this because I care about you two, but I don't trust that this is a good idea.", Robin said.

"And I trust your insight, Robin. But trust works both ways. And, if you can't trust me, then I won't be able to trust you," Y/N spoke.

The team leader thought for a moment.

He sighed. "Alright, fine. Perhaps you guys should take some time to talk through these past few days and put your issues to rest. However, we'll be on the lookout if you aren't back in 4 hours."

"I'll hold you to that," Y/N added. "We'll be back before you know it."

The two teens exited the room.

The rest stood there in silence.

"Alright, 50 bucks they'll kill each other before they leave the Tower!" Cyborg exclaimed.

"Hey, Beast Boy..." Robin called out.

"Huh?!" Beast Boy, who had been napping on the couch the whole time, perked up at the sound of his name.

"Keep an eye on them."

• • • • • • • •

"Master, I have urgent news."

"What is it, apprentice? If you dare waste my time again I'll feed you to the underworld."

"It's Y/N, he's left the proximity of the Titans. They're right out in the open."

"I see..."

"I'll call in Team A to handle them now."

"No!"

"Uh, I'm sorry sir?"

"If you bring in the A-Team right away, they will easily be detected. Y/N is not foolish. Neither are the Titans. Besides, the Titans will call Y/N and Raven immediately once they are notified of the disturbance."