Ch.12 - Not A Date

"Y/N! What's the matter?", Cyborg exclaimed, as he and Beast Boy rushed to his side.

"I CAN'T DO IT! I CAN'T DO IT! I CAN'T DO IT! LET ME OUT!!", he collapsed onto the ground, curling up into a fetus pose like a scared child. Tears of absolute horror raced down his face, as his words slurred together in an unintelligible manner.

Raven, watching the scene unfold from a distance, whipped around as Trigon let out a rageful roar. He fired two eyebeams of energy down towards her, which she quickly reciprocated with the swiftness of her demon magic.

"Get... out of my mind... now!" She grunted as the portal to the forbidden door opened.

 now!" She grunted as the portal to the forbidden door opened

Y/N seemingly took no notice of the open door.

"And leave you alone with that thing!?" Cyborg exclaimed. Trigon's rage dominated any present sound emitted from the environment.

"Plus, Y/N won't budge!", Beast Boy added.

Y/N's powers were still non-existent in this dimension. He was helpless. His body language mirrored that of when he had his infamous near-miss with Raven.

"I don't care. If you two don't leave, you'll both be demolished. I can't risk it."

Freeing one of her hands, Raven shoved Beast Boy and Cyborg through the door with the energy beam, being knocked off her balance before she could save Y/N.

The two teens yelped as they were shoved through the portal.

You can't do it.

He'll kill you.

He'll kill her.

And it'll be your fault.

Y/N's internal monologue was enough to get him to observe his environment. Taking site of Raven's situation, he loosely rose to his feet.

He observed the two walls he was caught between...

Raven was suffering. She was growing progressively weaker at the hands of her father, and would give in under the pressure at any second. The name 'Trigon' was nothing to smile about. Y/N knew this.

She was going to die.

Would he shy away from his fears once more? Or would he stay and fight for Raven, and himself?

"Ah, screw it."

As Raven was knocked unconscious into Trigon's grasp, Y/N called out from beneath him.

"Hey! Big red!"

Trigon below him to the source of heckle.

"You put on a shirt in the last 2 billion years?"

"You...", Trigon released his grasp on the unconscious Raven, as she began to plummet hundreds of feet to the ground.

Despite not having his powers, Y/N still had his natural strength and agility. He jumped and rebounded himself off a rock face, catching Raven in his arms, holding her bridal style as he leaped through the air.