Ch.21 - Reunion

"Fetch, boy."

Y/N launched his energy-loaded fist toward Beast Boy, as the foreign red energy charged his way like a cannonball.

Beast Boy shrieked, before quickly morphing into a 7-foot Reticulated Python and slithering out of the way of the blast's impact. He didn't stop there, however. He swiftly made his way towards Y/N, wiring up his leg before moving to his torso, attempting to take a clean bite out of his face.

As expected, Y/N grasped the Python's head, stunning it still as he grabbed its body with his other hand. Beast Boy froze, unable to transform back, coated in red lightning.

"You know, I used to have this one nickname. 'The Mimic' they used to call me." Y/N taunted Beast Boy, not letting up his grasp on the snake.

Raven watched on, petrified to make a move. She knew what he was doing.

"Wanna know why?" The snake couldn't and didn't budge.

He would fulfill the prophecy and murder anyone who stood in his way. He had his priorities straight. He was going to make it hurt.

"I'll take that as a yes."

The snake let out a screeching hiss, as Y/N's eyes glowed red, and absorbed himself in the same red lightning that enveloped Beast Boy.

"Watch your head." He tossed Beast Boy to the floor, as he morphed back to human form.

Then, Y/N mimicked Beast Boy's abilities, and slowly morphed into an over-sized Spinosaurus, with dull gray skin, and scorching red eyes.

"Hey, Beastie Boy," he, unlike Beast Boy, could talk in his animal forms, "Try this on for size. This won't hurt.... for too long."

He staggered toward the changeling, going in for the victorious kill at his fingertips. But Beast Boy thought smart, morphing into a green T-Rex before Y/N could land his attack.

The two prehistoric wanna-be's dueled it out while Raven skillfully dodged the flying machinery and debris that the brawl sent flying catastrophically in all directions.

All she could do was watch. If she dared interfere, Y/N wouldn't need to conquer anybody to get to her - she would be right there at his grasp. She knew she would need to fulfill her destiny, but this day could not be it. She had too many loved ones she was never there for. Too many feelings left to confess. Her life had only just begun.

'Get away from him Raven, before it's too late...'

But then again, if she dominated the playing field, Y/N would be defeated, and the prophecy would be broken. A narrow chance for freedom was at her feet. 

Y/N had always been Trigon's way to the physical realm before he had banished to Raven's mind with the help of her Chakra Stone. Y/N's destined task within the Prophecy was to lead Raven to Trigon by corrupting her Chakra stone in a way that only Y/N could do.

A power to the nature of Trigon's was the only thing that could harm Y/N. One right move, and Y/N would return to the omnipotent nothingness of the universe, as a raptured soul.

"Do it, Raven. Punch him down through the 7 circles of hell. It's his life or ours!" Rage chanted within her psyche.

The dinosaurs continued their prehistoric clash, unaware of the timid sorceress. To no surprise, Y/N had very little experience as a dinosaur, which rendered his advanced strength breaking equal to Beast Boy's strategic knowledge.

"Ok, this is getting ridiculous," Y/N roared.

He quickly backed away from Beast Boy, and stealthily morphed into the extinct Titanaboa, the largest breed of snake in recorded history. He kept the grey skin tone and red eyes as he morphed.