Ch.10 - One Flew Over The Raven's Nest

"Come on, slow poke!", Raven called out meters ahead of Y/N. "What's the matter? Y/N can't outrun a little girl?!".

"Nope. Most of my energy has just gone to my brain trying to figure out why the hell you're wearing pink." Y/N called out, panting profusely from the 50,000 steps he had run in 5 minutes.

Y/N was incredibly confused. Raven had tried to kill hours prior, and now she was carrying on in front of him like a little toddler.

Suddenly, he tripped over a small rock protruding out of the ground, as his tired state made it very difficult to concentrate on where he was going.

He landed flat on his face, remaining static on the ground out of pure exhaustion.

"Duh, 'cause pink's my favorite color!"

Y/N looked up from his position on the floor, to see him right ahead of Raven's feet.

From this angle, he understood how revealing her leotard was.

He stood up, clutching his head in pain.

"Pink?"

"Yeah, pink!"

"Pink?"

"Pink!"

"....PINK?"

Raven chuckled amusement at Y/N, "Yes, doofus! Pink!"

Y/N cocked an eyebrow, "What's your deal, why are you in such a good mood?".

Her happy cadence was toned down as she responded. "I don't know. Your presence is... exhilarating."

"Then why did try to kil- ... Raven, could you shoot me? I've had enough of this nightmare."

Y/N knew something had to be stewing behind the scenes here. He knew that she wasn't his leg. The only that was present inside of her was... happiness. He could feel it.

Never had he seen such happiness lie within anybody, not even the most naive of children.

Raven simply laughed. "Man, you're too funny. But turn that frown upside down, we're here!"

Y/N looked around, "Um... we're where?"

Raven gestured behind her to an empty stone doorway on the path ahead.

"Raven, did someone spike your tea?"

"Haha! No, of course not! We're at the forbidden door, silly." Raven answered.

Y/N stared at it, "What's so... 'forbidden' about it?".

Raven placed her hands on her hips. "I don't know if you'd wanna stick around to find out. It's real dangerous."

"You think I trudged all this way just for you to be my mom and tell me not to play outside?"

He stepped closer to the 'door'.