Ch.20 - Fetch

Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter is a little late. I don't really have an excuse aside from just poor time management.

Anyway, I won't waste any more of your time. Enjoy!

• • • • • • • •

Raven rushed out of her door and headed down the hallway toward the training gym, a cocktail of concern and worry brewing inside her. 

The Titans had been informed that Robin would be running Y/N through the induction protocol that involved the assessment of his abilities. Being aware of the extent of Y/N's capabilities and the parallel they held to her own, Raven had thought about persuading Robin to dilute the process, possibly even canceling it entirely. 

However, knowing the Boy Wonder, she assumed that he would also be aware of Y/N's capabilities, and would have already taken this precaution. Thanks to her social insecurities, she also feared coming off as 'pushy' or 'controlling', dare she tell Batman's infamous side-kick to override his strategic plans.

It was just moments prior, that she began to regret that decision.

As she scampered down the corridor that lined her home, she began to connect the imaginary dots. Could her agonizing surge of pain minutes prior be connected to whatever was happening in the room that lay 10 feet ahead of her?

'He. Will. Not. Save you...'

Raven entered the training quarters and observed the scene. Cyborg was not wrong.

Robin laid unconscious in a shallow pool of blood on the sparring mat. The left side of his head looked like it had been struck with a flamethrower and finished off with a lawn mower, as if all of his hair and outer layers of skin were charred away. 

There were deep gashes along the left side of his neck, the damage trailing down and revealing his severely dislocated shoulder joint. His left arm was cleanly fractured, with his humerus bone protruding from his mangled flesh. The upper half of his traffic light costume was also obliterated by whatever had caused this, allowing the exposure of his blackened skin.

Starfire and Beast Boy had already arrived, and by the looks of things, were more taken aback than she was.

"Oh, Robin! Cyborg, what happened?" Starfire cried as she crouched down to examine Robin's condition.

Beast Boy stayed silent for the most part. Although he had been part of the ruthless Doom Patrol, his immature age prevented taking action in these types of situations.

Cyborg was busy tapping away on his arm scanners, skimming over Robin's condition for any additional information.

"He got in a little sparring mishap with Y/N, Star. It was so fast. Y/N was taking it easy, and all of a sudden his eyes lit up a bright red, and the next thing you knew, Robin was on the ground."

"Where is he?" Raven questioned as she stepped closer.

Cyborg looked up from his scanners, "Raven! Great, just the person we're lookin' for. You gotta help me out here. Could do your best to heal-"

"Where is Y/N?!" she repeated in great demand.

Shocked by her reaction, Cyborg timidly pointed toward the corner of the room.

Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire looked over in the said direction, to find Y/N rocking back and forth as he was curled up into a ball with his knees to his chest.

Starfire cleared the tears in her eyes as she looked at him. Raven could see that her eyes held sympathy, confusion, and a slight emerging sense of hatred. This hatred was being largely repressed, however, due to the Tamaranean girls loving nature.