Ch.18 - Disarray

The 4 hours that followed the annihilation of the H.I.V.E took a turn for the better, on behalf of the Titans recognizing their foundational unity as a family.

The H.I.V.E had been taken in by the police, to which they were later pardoned on behalf of H.I.V.E Academy. The Titans had yet to receive insider news as to the true brains behind the operation.

Y/N had faced some... interesting confrontations during this time, however. When the police came to collect the H.I.V.E, they recognized Y/N and attempted to arrest him for prison break. It was a surprise that it took them as long as they did to find him, considering the fuss he and the Titans had caused around the city.

Thankfully, Robin took the high ground and explained the conversation he had with the mayor to put him on house arrest in Titans Tower for the next month, only being able to leave for 'work- related' purposes.

• • • • • • • •

The Titans strolled into the Tower they could comfortably call their home.

"I can't believe I gotta pay another 100-grand to fix this damn door!" Cyborg exclaimed as he examined the damage on the Titans Tower entryway.

On top of this, the Titans also had to find time to organize the demolition of the additional 'upgrades' the H.I.V.E had made to the Tower.

E had made to the Tower

"Woah. Big words coming from Professor Robo-Cop over here," Y/N remarked, "It's all good Cyborg, I'll give you a hand. I happen to know my way around a workshop."

The Titans looked at him in curiosity.

"I'm sorry, what?" Cyborg asked dumbfounded.

"Yep, I'm pretty sure I remember how to get onto the internet,"

"Dude, that's not even- You know what, it's cool. Make fun of me all you'd like, but I'm the one holdin' this place up," Cyborg said as he folded his arms.

Raven stifled a giggle.

"Chill, Cy. Whoever loses at MegaMonkeys 4 is a Tofu Egg!" Beast Boy cheered as he raced up the staircase to the Ops Room.

This left Y/N alone with Robin, Raven, and Starfire

"Well guys," Y/N began, "It's been fun."

The three other teens seemed disoriented.

"You're leaving?" Robin queried. His trademark detective skills did not mistake Y/N's intentions.

"Well... yeah. I did what you asked, and you did what I asked." He placed his hand on Robin's shoulder. "And I am very thankful for that. But, I trust that I'll be a nuisance if I stick around."

That was bullshit... sort of. He craved companionship but didn't feel he was worthy of it, for reasons that were obvious. What was the point in starting anew if the end was inevitable?