Ch.29 - First Goodbye

Y/N stood in the dark room's huge open expanse, peering across the hellfires of what was once Jump City.

"So, this is where our efforts get us, huh?"

On this particular day, there was nothing to rejoice about. He'd never be able to turn around again. He'd blown his shot at atonement, and now he was watching the consequences play out on the only five individuals who had ever shown him even a smidgeon of concern.

"At least I'm not screaming into a void right now... wait a minute..."

A loud rumbling shook the foundations of the room.

"Oh God, gimme a break."

Then, a humungous flash of light emitted from behind him, bright enough to blind Stevie Wonder wearing a bag over his head.

"Ow."

As Y/N's vision adjusted to the fading, a wonderfully shaped feminine figure began to emerge.

"Am I... dead?"

The figure gently emerged from the light illusion, like an angel emerging from a stark-white cloud.

"Raven?" Y/N questioned.

"Yes, Y/N. It's me."

She looked nothing like she did less than an hour earlier when Y/N had transported her inside her thoughts.

She was dressed in an ethereal white leotard and robe. Her hair cascaded down her back and shoulders like a purple waterfall filled with the cleanest water on the planet.

"Woah. Uh... I guess you... reasoned with your emotions?" Y/N was struggling to think of words.

He had sent her into her subconscious in the hope that she would be able to deal with her feelings and find the strength to escape out of this circumstance. He couldn't tell if this was Raven or some sort of ruse to 'lure' him in and kill him.

Raven smiled as he said, "It's a long story." But, in the end, you could say that."

As Raven's tranquility grew more apparent, Y/N gradually let go of their tension.

"The white really does you justice. You look just like an angel." Y/N commented, steadily approaching her.

The white-cloaked girl failed to hide her blush, "Thanks, Y/N. As long as I don't look like an escaped convict I'm fine."

They both let out a small laugh at Raven's remark. There were a few moments of silence.

"So, did you just come back to model your latest outfit for me? Or have we got a plan here?"

"There's a plan," Raven thought as she stared into space. I know how to undo everything. To give you a second opportunity."

"Well, spill!" Y/N exclaimed. "What's the deal?"

"It's, uh... complicated." She rasped, "I know how to reverse the spell that cursed you here, at least, I hope so."

Y/N punched the air in celebration, "Yes! So we can go back to how things used to be... right?"

Raven's face fell, "Well, not exactly..."

"What?" Y/N asked, suspiciously. Then... what will happen?"

Raven inhaled deeply. "You will be sent back to where you came from; 30 years ago in Jump City, before the prophecy unfolded and caused all of this."

"But..."

"You won't see me again." Not this version of me, at least. You'll be returned to an alternate universe where you never vanished, and you'll be able to live your life with me and others. Y/N, you'll be able to live a happy life."