Ch.26 - Past Lives

"I'm not alone in here..."

Y/N listened closely and heard the sobbing come and go. It sounded worn out and shattered. So close, yet so far.

Y/N had heard many cries like this before. They were often the final cries that fathers and mothers would give before Y/N would slaughter them without a second thought.

They were also sometimes the cries of tormented children who had witnessed their pet puppy get their neck crushed. Or the cries of a supreme leader watching his life's work collapse under an inevitable apocalypse.

They were cries of submission. A farewell statement to the universe indicating your surrender, and were waiting for the darkness to engulf you.

It was not a sinister cry.

Y/N went out of his former chamber and paid close attention.

The corridor was eerily quiet.

However, the crying was heard again.

drip.

The silent hall echoed with the sound of a teardrop hitting a rusted metal surface.

The sobbing persisted as he listened closer.

drip.

It was coming from the room next door. Y/N turned to face the source of the sound, much to his horror.

A big metal door with the word "RAVEN" inscribed on it. A shiver went down his back.

Y/N pondered in his thoughts, recalling memories of the horrific ways that the fallen angels would treat their hostages. If he'd ventured to open that door, he might never be the same.

"It's not like there's much hope waiting for me in the real world anyway..."

He took a few steps towards the door, reading the name imprinted on the door. As he read it, he recalled the girl he once knew, knowing for certain that he would most likely never see that version of her again.

He slid the door open, bracing himself for what lay ahead.

• • • • • • • •

In a cold, rusty metal cage in the middle of a dark room, hid a bucketful of godforsaken memories that only the darkness would ever know.

Years of unspeakable cruelty and suffering without a single cry for aid can only lead someone to purposeful and sincere loneliness, unable to stand on their own two legs.

In a cold, rusty metal cage, sat a woman. A woman that love had forgotten to destiny's devilish heart. She was wrapped in a tattered blue fabric that hardly covered her bloodied, naked form.

All around her were the constant reminders of a life she had abandoned for this hell-hole.

Not a day flew by when she prayed that she would spare her last drop of blood.

But nobody heard her.

This was where she was going to die, and it was going to be agonizing, shameful, and slow.

Between her rapid tear fall, she held a small photograph.

It was an old snapshot she had snatched many many years ago.

It was a photo of a young man. A man she thought of every day, in the hope that she would one day reunite with him.

But she knew she would never see him again. It was only a pathetic schoolgirl that she conjured in her sparing hours of sleep.

She kissed the photograph from her blood-stained lips. As pathetic as it sounded, it was the kindest thing she had ever done for him.

Suddenly, she heard a door open.