Chapter 2

Echoes of Society

Dear reader

The Featherington family never disappoints. They gave us a splendid night full of significant events.
First, it was confirmed Viscount Bridgerton and miss Edwina Sharma didn't continue their marriage after the breakdown's bride, because our dear queen decided the union wasn't idyllic. But didn't stop our beloved viscount from finding love, since heroically saving his ex-fiance older sister from the accident, and miss Kate Sharma convalescent for several days, the couple have a bond no one can deny, not after seeing the beautiful dance they shared, we hope for news of the soon engagement.

On the other hand, the one that just disappeared from the ball was lord Featherington been really odd since he was one of the hosts.

It is said the last one who spoke with him was Mr Colin Bridgerton. I might add the third Bridgerton was spot on talking very loudly with other gentlemen , saying he would never court his friend miss Penelope Featherington, nor even in the wildest fantasies of lord Fife. His words not mines.
This makes me wonder if a third brother considers her so little, who will pursuit our dear citric to be married.
I guess we will have to wait to witness, or just wait.

See you next season

Always yours

Lady Whistledown

Portia was nervous when she received the Whistledown that morning. Not only did she talk about the absence of the ex- lord Featherington, also her daughter's honor was ruined perhaps forever, so when she finished reading the pamphlet called Mrs Varley to have the carriage ready, wake Penelope so she can travel immediately to Scotland to visit her widowed sister in law, and hide the poor girl at least until the gossip stopped.

-this is rubbish Varley, Prudence ends her engagement, Penelope public destroyed, lord Featherington exposed. I fear my daughters will not be able to marry even a third class men.

-at least you have money to support yourselfs, you should travel with miss Penelope.

-when the ton knows about the scam, they will come to us, and if we leave, they believe we had something to do with it. No, they will understand Penelope's trip for the disappoinment, but if we leave too, it will be our ruin.

A servant came to announce lady Bridgerton, viscount Bridgerton and Colin Bridgerton were waiting for them in the drawing room

-mire than an apology, that's what I hope, that family insulted my daughter in her home.

Portia entered the room, staring at the third Bridgerton with 🔥 in her 👀. She didn't greet.

-good morning -said Violet -we would also like to speak with miss Penelope, can you call her?

-will not be possible, my youngest is on a trip, her aunt invited her to her home, she will be arriving to her destination by tomorrow -said Portia with 🔥 in her words.

-how long does miss Featherington plan to travel? Anthony asked

-as long as it takes, my dear sister in law is an excellent matchmaking, so I hope when my daughter returns, she will no longer be miss Featherington but rather a lady of a great lord, since someone in this area did the impossible to damage her popularity until there was nothing left.

-I wanted to apologize -Colin almost scream, still hoped what Portia said was a lie and Pen could 👂 him- it was never my intention to say what I said. Doesn't represent what I feel for miss Featherington.

-we apologized lady Featherington, Pen -Anthony cough- miss Featherington is very dear person in our family.

-unfortunately that was not what he showed

-thats why -Colin continued- I want to offer my hand ✋ in marriage as an apology if Miss Penelope agrees of course -he scream

-I don't know why you speak so loudly -said Portia- I already told you my daughter isn't here, and I do not accept the proposal, although we thank you for what you did for us yesterday with lord Featherington. Accepting under these circumstances would only make people's opinion of my daughter worse.

Portia wanted to bite her tongue because was her dream an union between the two families, but she believes every single word she said.