Chapter 22

Traveling with Penelope was Colin Bridgerton's new favorite thing.After a week without leaving their room in London, they decided to go on their honeymoon, the place the couple chose was Italy.
Colin had several activities planned, but they all started after lunch, because from dawn until noon the newlyweds only made love, as many times as their bodies could endure, then they took a shower, ate and went out to see the area.

That particular afternoon they were in a small town in western Italy, a friend they had met had invited them to see his grounds.

"Dear friends, it's good that you arrived," Marchesi said.

"Thank you very much for inviting us," Colin said kindly.

Their new friend gave them a tour of the entire area.

- Well, what do you think? -Marchesi asked.

"Your property is lovely," Pen told him.

Their friend took them to the house and served them wine and cheese.

"This wine is schist," Colin told him.

- I'm glad you like it, because that's what I want to discuss.The couple looked at each other in confusion and their new friend continued.-You saw my land, I worked for many years to be able to buy it, my dream is to make it a vineyard - he smiled at them - that wine you are drinking, we made it between my wife and I. But we lack capital, the day we met you told me that his brother is a viscount, I would like him to help me by investing and take 5% of the profits.

"There is no need to tell the viscount," Penelope exclaimed, "because I would love to invest.

Marchesi looked at Penelope like she was crazy. But Colin supported her, took her hand and said.

-I know my wife doesn't look threatening, but here where you see her, she is a first-class merchant. She is the most popular in London to tell the truth.

Mr di Barolo understood that they were being serious, so he smiled, brought the lawyer, because he already had him waiting in the other room, ready with the contract, his strategy was to make Colin believe that he wanted the Viscount as an ally, but It was a ruse, so that the third Bridgerton would liven up. He didn't need that much money, just enough to start construction.

-You are absolutely right, Mr. Bridgerton, my wife has intelligence, I am just a dreamer.

Penelope signed the contract, with a smile on her face, she looked into her husband's eyes, she realized how lucky she was. Her husband was not an ordinary man, who was going to humiliate or ignore her for being a woman, on the contrary he was going to support her with anything she wanted to do.

After the mess Eloise had made of her room the day she found out she was Lady Whistledown, Pen knew couldn't keep leaving the money hidden, but being a woman she couldn't just open a bank account and save her money. That's why, as soon as they got married, one of the only things she could do in the first week in which there was only passion, was put half of the money in Colin's safe, with the other half they had opened a joint account, in which Colin was the owner, to have the money safe in the Bank.

So to close the deal, they and Marchesi di Barolo wrote a letter requesting the Bank in London to send them the money as soon as possible. This could take weeks, so they also sent another letter to Anthony to help expedite it.

When they returned to the hotel, they sat down to eat, Penelope couldn't stop smiling.

-What makes you so happy? "I didn't know having shares in a vineyard would put you in such a good mood," Colin said.

- It's not that, it's that I feel fortunate - she took him by the hand.

-because?

-for you.