Chapter 42

The dance had ended, Lord and Lady Featherington were chatting cheerfully with Eloise when a murmur of voices rose higher than usual, the three of them looked curious as to what it was due to. It was when they saw Sir Phillip enter, walking among the attendees, Penelope did not remember. That he was so handsome, she looked excitedly at her friend, who looked like she had seen a ghost.

-Your plan worked. -said quietly.

El just nodded.

Sir Phillip walked towards them, sometimes he was intercepted by a mother with her daughter, he smiled kindly, but he kept looking at Eloise. When they were just a few steps away, Crane turned aside, Penelope's smile faded from her face and worsened when the gentleman asked Miss Cressida Cowper to dance.

"Oh it's Mr. Crane," Colin said, stating the obvious.

Penelope nodded, smiling at her husband.

-When he finishes dancing with the snake, remind me to say hello to him, I haven't spoken to him in a long time, he is a good man. -Colin look at Eloise, who couldn't take her eyes off the dancing couple- you know, he will be a good gentleman for you, sister.

Eloise woke up from the tram.

-for me? What are you talking about? He is a widower, and has children.

She had declared in a louder voice than usual, which made several attendees able to hear her. Seeing what she had done, she pursed her lips and ran away.

-what was that? -Colin asked.

-I'm not sure, but we should leave her alone -said Penelope looking at her friend running away.

Lord Featherington took his wife by the waist, and got closer to her 👂

-Do you know what we should do?

Penelope smiled

-what?

-fulfill your fantasy 😏

Lady Featherington smiled even harder, and hit him in a playful way.

-Colin! -Penelope blushed, she couldn't stop smiling -Do you know of a place?

The third Bridgerton smiled in reply.

-come with me.

Lord Featherington took her hand to kiss it; With that wolfish smile, he pulled her hand to follow him, but they bumped into a Miss Smith.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Colin apologized.

-Don't worry Lord Featherington.

Penelope remembered her.

-Miss Smith, I never thanked you for your help with the Duke's situation.

-don't mention it Lady Featherington, you would have done the same for me.

The young woman gave them a slight bow and left.

Colin retook Penelope's hand with a big smile on his face.

Penelope couldn't stop smiling as she passed through the dance attendees. The couple was in front of a garden, it looked dark thanks to the night, and they both looked at each other with mischievous looks. They were going to take the first step when.

-My mother refuses to leave, can you take me with you?

Colin looked at his sister uncomfortably.

"We," Colin began to speak.

-We will take you- Penelope interrupt

The third Bridgerton rolled his eyes, he had been hurt by her mischief.