Chapter 20

Colin felt very anxious to see Penelope again, he wondered how she was doing, if she was still his Pen, or if she was pretty scared by the horrible experience she had to go through. But no matter what, she was everything he wanted.

The three days in Greece had been the longest, when the first ship left in the early morning, he was really excited, he never thought they could experience such lousy weather.

His brother Benedict was very sick from the trip, even he with much more experience was starting to feel bad. There were so many storms that they couldn't tell if it was day or night. The brothers had to help the crew, because several were weak. eating while moving was necessary but a bad idea.

When they finally touched down in London, Benedict kissed the ground. They were informed that they had spent seven days in the ocean. They rented a car and headed to house number 5.

They had arrived at night, so the family was in their own homes or rooms. Colin left through the garden gate.

-Where are you going? -Benedict asked.

"Where do you think?" Colin smiled flirtatiously.

Colin climbed the tree, he was glad the window was open. He came in for her, he took off his boots so as not to make noise, didn't want to wake her up, just to see her. She slept peacefully in her bed, without any worries.

Colin stood there, looking at Penelope like the goddess she was, even with the bit of lighting the moon gave him. For the first time in days, he felt calm. He wanted to undress and sleep beside her, but he remembered spending seven days with the same clothes, and Pen smelled delicious.

Tomorrow will be -thought.

He went out the window, started walking to house number 5, the floor began to feel wet when he realized that he had not put on his boots, but he felt too tired to climb the tree again. He continued walking <if a bed attendant comes in before she wakes up, it could be a problem> he grumbled inwardly but turned back.

Since he was barefoot and the wet tree was a little more challenging to climb, he reached the window and could climb through it, but this time he stumbled. He heard Pen move and stood still, he waited a minute, put on his boots and went out.

He was walking home when he was thinking about many things when it occurred to him that it was easy to enter his room I must forbid him to sleep with the window open he thought

Colin came home number 5.

"I thought you were going to stay with her," Benedict told him when Colin passed by the kitchen.

-Are you eating something? -Colin asked, ignoring the second Bridgerton's question.

Benedict gave half of the sandwich to his brother because he knew how hungry he could be.

"Go to my room, there is already a bath ready, you smell terrible, I hope the cold water doesn't bother you, the helpers already went to sleep and I didn't want to wake them up," Benedict told him.

The third Bridgerton obeyed, he took a short bath because what he wanted most was to sleep. When he touched his bed, he fell asleep immediately.

Colin opened his eyes, Pen was next to him sleeping peacefully, first he wondered if he was still in her room and he had dreamed that he had come down from the tree twice, but he looked around, it was his old room in house number 5.

He simply approached her, hugged her and started kissing her on the cheek, Pen smiled.

"Colin, let me sleep, I'm exhausted," she said, laughing. "I don't want to," started kissing her. "Colin, no, any member of your family can come in and see us. "Are you telling me that I'm not dreaming this?"