Chapter 46

Colin was looking for his wife to reproach her for leaving him alone while his little sister hurt his ears, when he heard noise from Eloise's room, pressed his ear to the door to listen better.

Kate was talking about Sir Crane's arms and Penelope added something about what a good kisser he would be, the third Bridgerton's blood heated with jealousy, he grabbed the doorknob, and when opened it he heard Eloise had kissed Sir Phillip.

-Eloise kissed who!

The three ladies looked at him with a horrified expression.

-Anthony has to know about this!

Lord Featherington began walking towards the library, when he felt his hand being grabbed.

-Colin wait!

He turned to look, Penelope had one hand on him, Kate grabbed the other, Eloise came running and settled in front of him putting her hands on his chest, the three ladies began to pull and push, Colin mocked them, quickly pulling them. It started to drag, and the ladies used all their strength but they were losing.

-Colin, don't make me force myself! - Penelope said.

Suddenly the third Bridgerton remembered that his wife was possibly pregnant. He decided to obey. The ladies guided him to Eloise's room.

-Anthony is the head of this house, he should know this. -he said thoughtfully.

"You're going to force Eloise to marry a man she doesn't love," Kate added.

Lord Featherington looked at his sister, covered in tears that were not yet dry.

-that's not what it seems.

Penelope approached him, put her hands on his shoulders, pretended to massage them, and bent down a little.

-Colin you can't force her -said outlaw

She bent down further to be next to her husband's ear. Whispering to him.

-She still doesn't know.

She got up again.

"It was just a kiss, that doesn't mean anything, you will condemn her to marry him?" Penelope concluded.

Colin pursed his lips, it is evident that his sister was in love with the man.

-First you say that you would never be interested in a widower with children and now this! You reproached me for what happened with Pen more than a year ago when I did the same thing, but I don't understand when you kissed, if you didn't have the chance at the dance and today. -Colin thought about it - ah. If you don't want me to talk to Anthony I won't, but I do have to talk to Sir Crane, he can't take liberties with my sister and go courting other ladies.

"Typical of a man," Eloise complained, "how many ladies did you kiss before Penelope and you didn't marry them!"

Colin paled.

- none - answer seriously.

-Do you want us to believe that Penelope was your first kiss? Do not make me laugh.

-didn't kiss any debutante.

-We are getting to something, no "debutante" but a woman. Then you wish someone would force you to marry that woman?

-It is not the same and I don't know why we are talking about me, since you are the subject of this conversation.

Penelope had an idea, she gestured with her hand to her sisters-in-law, and she grabbed her husband's hand indicating for him to follow her.