Chapter 11

The trip to London was satisfying, this time because she was not heartbroken, on the contrary, she felt renewed, with a new wardrobe, more confident, beautiful, and loved. Had arrived at night, so everyone at home was asleep when she arrived at the Featherington house, everything looked exactly the same and her room was organized, not how her not-so-friend Eloise had left it. What made her look at number 5, Colin was not there yet, but she had asked her almost fiancé to help calm the waters with her, since they were going to be sisters soon.

She did not want uncomfortable situations, she remembered that The third Bridgerton had told her that he had dreamed of their daughter who was identical to her friend, and it would deeply hurt herto see her daughter every day and have her remind their failed friendship.

Pen had a good restful sleep, when she woke up she had all the energy and speech ready to speak in favor of Colin, she felt very positive because her mother's dream had always been to marry one of her daughters to a Bridgerton. She called her valet, who dressed her in a simple green dress, gave her a delicate hairstyle, and once she was ready, he went down to have breakfast with her family.

 She called her valet, who dressed her in a simple green dress, gave her a delicate hairstyle, and once she was ready, he went down to have breakfast with her family

-Penelope dear, let me see you- Lady Featherington greeted cheerfully. Pen approached - you look lovely, now I understand why a duke is asking you. Pen looked at her mother strangely.

-Where do you get that from, mother?

-Don't play dumb with me, when you were in Edinburgh your aunt sent me a letter

-It has been a long time since I have seen Lord Williams, mother, I am sure that if he had any interest he gave up.

-but why, what did you do!

-nothing, when Colin arrived he simply left.

-Colin Bridgerton!

-Yes- she answered timidly.

-It was not enough for him to scare men in London and he decided to do it in Scotland too, but that man has no limits! And to a duke! We have to fix this Penelope, write to the duke, explain the situation.

-I won't do it.

-what? How can you not do it?

-Colin was in Scotland to apologize to me and...

-Penelope Featherington! You have to give up on that Bridgerton, I know you have a weakness for him, but understand that he doesn't value you, he doesn't even respect you, which is the minimum to have a peaceful marriage, you will get old and you will no longer have prospects and if you proposes marriage, it will not be out of love, it will be out of duty.

-No mom, he does love me.

Prudence scoffed, but Pen ignored her.

-That's true, he told me.

-There, my dear girl, nothing a gentleman does not do to save himself from public scrutiny. When you left, Lady Whistledown left him as a small-time knight, and do you know what he did?