Chapter 10

Colin was in the hostel thinking about how he was going to improve his relationship with his mother-in-law, the last time he saw her, he felt the anger in her eyes, he would have to do something to win her over, it was the first time that being a Bridgerton didn't I would help him.

The next day his valet woke him up and went down to have breakfast with his friend.

-Colin! The last two days have been excellent.

-It would be a mistake to deny it again, Mr. Brown. Everything has really turned out very well for me- said Colin with a big smile.

-For this reason, I say goodbye, dear friend, I am no longer of any use to you here.

-I am very grateful to you, you were the only one who kept me sane, when I was restless and hopeless.

-anything for my good friend.

-Before you leave, I want to bother you with one last piece of advice.

-name it Colin.

-How do I win over my mother-in-law?

-That's very simple -I smile- make Miss Penelope defend you from whatever it is, be honest with her.

As Colin approached the Featherington house, he continued to think about his friend's words, but he was sure he had been honest with his future wife. Wait to be announced and guided to the room. Once there he saw the Featherington women and two young men, one blonde taller than him, the other a black-haired man of the same height. He recognized them from the other afternoon.

-Good morning- Colin greeted.

They all greeted him at the same time. It was Penelope who approached him with a big smile on her face.

-Lord Williams, Mr. Jones, meet Mr. Bridgerton

-Nice to meet you, gentlemen-Colin greeted kindly.

-So you are Mr. Colin Bridgerton -the blonde looked at him from head to toe -I have had the pleasure of hearing about your family, are you the viscount?

-You're wrong, gentleman, I'm the third brother- He answer a little angrily.

-I see, then there are two brothers above- he mocked- your older brother has already inherited the title? said Lord Williams in a humiliating tone.

-Yes, several years ago when my father died- Colin responded, even more angrily.

-oh! It's a shame, on the contrary my father enjoys good health, so he has given me the freedom to prepare to be a good duke.

-I congratulate you, however I do not envy you, since it is a great responsibility, I am thrilled with my position, so I will have more time to be with my future wife and my children. My brother-in-law the Duke of Hastings adores my sister, but he asks heaven for more time, he has not always been in my nephews' most important moments, that distresses him greatly. On the contrary, I will be willing to see my children grow up and enjoy my beautiful wife. -She saw Pen and winked at her, which made her smile.

The atmosphere was so dense that you could cut it with a knife. Lord Williams lost his temper a little but then regained it.

-Dear ladies, Mr. Jones. I must retire, it was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Bridgerton- He gave him a firm handshake, then went over to pat him on the shoulder- Don't think I'm not going to fight for her- he whispered.

-You shouldn't bother- Colin smiled at him

After the next duke left the house.

-I am also the third child, Mr. Bridgerton - I greet happily - you are absolutely right, it is good to have more time with our family, and only help when necessary.