Chapter 39

Colin was delighted to stay at Audrey Hall with Penelope and their son alone, it had been two weeks since his family had returned to London.
His older brother Benedict had also stayed with them, but they didn't see him as often because he was fixing up a house he had recently bought on nearby land, with the excuse that wanted to be alone, but he and his wife knew. He was somewhat disappointed at not having found the silver woman.

Despite having a mini vacation, his responsibilities as Lord Featherington left no room to get lazy. Furthermore, his mother-in-law and sister-in-law were spending exorbitant amounts of money. After sending serious letters to the ladies informing them that he would set an annual fee for them so that they would learn not to spend more.

He also answered his correspondence from Italy, the vineyard had been inaugurated and was beginning to make a profit, the house in Bath had also been rented to a Bennett family, and his other properties were being managed smoothly.

Colin exited his brother's office, ready to take a break from his duties. entered the tea room looking for his family, but no one was there.

-Excuse me, where is my wife?

-She is outside my lord.

Penelope was having a snack under one of the big 🌲 the property had, playing with Thomas. Marcela had stayed in London because Penelope felt terrible taking her away from her baby, so another nanny accompanied them.

He looked at the landscape so happy, proud, and delighted by the luck he had, after everything that had happened, alone and with her. They had achieved it. Smiling like a fool, started walking towards his wife, she was laughing when she heard her son's laugh.

-Oh Colin. I already know how to make him laugh.

He smiled

-show me.

Penelope grabbed her baby's feet to cover her eyes.

-Where is Thomas? Where is he?

The baby looked at her, moving his little hands.

"Here you are," Penelope thickened her voice.

The firstborn burst into laughter. Penelope looked at him delighted. He likes to hear my deep voice. Colin was still smiling, sat beside his wife, and kissed her cheek. He looked at his son; he wanted more, but he remembered everything they had to go through.

-I want more Colin -Penelope took him out of his thoughts.

-Thomas is only six months old, and you're already thinking about the next one.

-Yes -Penelope called Thomas's nanny who was a few meters away from the trio - Can you change his diaper please?

"Yes, my lady," said the young woman, holding the baby.

Penelope hoped she was far enough away.

-Colin we can't live off of fear, I know we haven't had good luck in London but our home is there, our family. I love living here, but I feel lonely at times

-I'm thinking of selling the 🏠.

-why?

-you know why.

-but we already renovated the entire second floor.

-I know. I bought it thinking about settling our family there, I even saw our children grow up in that house, but I still hear her laughter on the walls, you have noticed it, in London we only did it that once, here we have done it so much I don't even know how many times we've had it.

Penelope felt sorry in her stomach. She pursed her lips.

-Okay, we will sell the house. Send a letter to Violet so she can arrange a room for us in house number 5.